St. Benedict Catholic School
St. Benedict Catholic School serves the four churches in the recenlty-merged parish of St. Benedict-Atchison.
Through a well-balanced curriculum, emphasizing mind, body and spirit, instruction targets the necessary tools to master academic, social and technological skills.
SBCS is accredited by the State of Kansas and AdvancEd.
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 217 students
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 24%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
We are a tithing school. Parents tithe to the local parish.
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
- Admission Guidelines Admission is offered to anyone wishing a Catholic education. No student will be denied admission because of race or sex. All families entering the school system must register at the school office or during spring registration. A physical exam including vision, hearing, speech and dental is encouraged for all children entering a Kansas school for the first time. A record of immunization on an official form must be presented by all students entering a Kansas school for the first time. Kansas law requires that a child be six years of age on or before the first day of September in order to enter first grade. All non-Catholic students will be admitted upon the condition that parents of the applicant are willing to pay tuition, and that the principal has determined that there is enough classroom space available in the applicant's grade.
Endorse St. Benedict Catholic School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
How Exposed Is Your School?
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.