St. Benedict Catholic School
Tel: (913) 367-3503
St. Benedict Catholic School serves the four churches in the recenlty-merged parish of St. Benedict-Atchison.
Through a well-balanced curriculum, emphasizing mind, body and spirit, instruction targets the necessary tools to master academic, social and technological skills.
SBCS is accredited by the State of Kansas and AdvancEd.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||217 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||We are a tithing school. Parents tithe to the local parish.|
|Admissions Director||Diane Liebsch|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Football,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
- Admission Guidelines Admission is offered to anyone wishing a Catholic education. No student will be denied admission because of race or sex. All families entering the school system must register at the school office or during spring registration. A physical exam including vision, hearing, speech and dental is encouraged for all children entering a Kansas school for the first time. A record of immunization on an official form must be presented by all students entering a Kansas school for the first time. Kansas law requires that a child be six years of age on or before the first day of September in order to enter first grade. All non-Catholic students will be admitted upon the condition that parents of the applicant are willing to pay tuition, and that the principal has determined that there is enough classroom space available in the applicant's grade.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Atchison Grades: PK-8 | 146 students
611 N 8th St
Atchison, KS 66002
(913) 367-4763 0.5 PK-8
- Jefferson City Grades: PK-8 | 485 students
2303 West Main Street
Jefferson City, MO 65109
(573) 635-5024 169.8 PK-8
- Saint Joseph Grades: NS-12 | 350 students
5401 Gene Field Road
Saint Joseph, MO 64506
(816) 279-1555 23.9 NS-12
- Cheyenne Grades: PK-8 | 92 students
1111 E 22nd St
Cheyenne, WY 82001
(307) 631-6050 521.3 PK-8
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.