St. Joseph School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (804) 732-3931
Saint Joseph Catholic School offers a quality, education rooted in Catholic values for students in Junior Kindergarten-8th grade. We feature an accredited curriculum, certified teachers, and integrated technology.
STEAM, Fine Arts, Spanish, Library, and PE for all grade levels
High school credits in Algebra, World History, Spanish, and Geoscience
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||132 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,450|
|Admissions Director||Kathryn McElheny|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, SoccerBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
- Saint Joseph School was founded in 1876 by the Daughters of Charity of Saint Vincent DePaul. Rooted in Catholic values, we encourage students as scholars, disciples, and citizens.
- Saint Joseph Catholic School provides a rigorous curriculum, differentiatedinstruction, and high-quality teachers tocreate an innovative learning environment.Students are challenged through hands-on experiences that prepare them to compete and succeed in a changing world.
- We strive to educate the whole student within a family-like community. Rooted in our Catholic identity, students build theircharacter upon a foundation of faith, positive decision-making, and a commitment to serving others.
- We offer students room to grow as leaders and encourage them to apply their learning to the world around them. Through project-based learning and service opportunities, students understand how their choices and actions impact their world.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hopewell Grades: PK-12 | 124 students
1600 Atlantic St
Hopewell, VA 23860
(804) 458-6142 7.3 PK-12
- Colonial Heights Grades: PK-12 | 187 students
16801 Harrowgate Road
Colonial Heights, VA 23834
(804) 526-5941 4.3 PK-12
- Henrico Grades: PK-12 | 187 students
8701 Ridge Road
Henrico, VA 23229
(804) 741-2860 26.7 PK-12
St. Joseph School is a top-notch school that has a rich environment that has allowed my child to thrive in her academic journey. During this difficult time during the pandemic, the school has done above and beyond to make sure everyone is safe and comfortable.
- Posted by Parent - Patricia Harris
St. Joseph School is such a special place. We are new to the SJS family but felt an instant connection and warm welcome from the very beginning. We have been so impressed with how Principal Owens, all staff and teachers have prepared and foster an inviting, safe and comfortable learning environment for the children. It's evident that the faculty members are passionate about the work they do and serving the SJS community. Information is clearly communicated and shared openly, while teachers are accessible and quick to respond. We feel so fortunate to be part of this incredible school now and are excited about the new opportunities for our children. We couldn't be prouder about making the decision for our family to join the SJS community.
- Posted by Parent - Spillman
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.