St. Joseph School
Saint Joseph Catholic School offers a quality, education rooted in Catholic values for students in Junior Kindergarten-8th grade. We feature an accredited curriculum, certified teachers, and integrated technology.
STEAM, Fine Arts, Spanish, Library, and PE for all grade levels
High school credits in Algebra, World History, Spanish, and Geoscience
- Top Ranked VA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 146 students
- Yearly Tuition: $7,450
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 15 / rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 29%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Feb. 15 / rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition assistance available
- Saint Joseph School was founded in 1876 by the Daughters of Charity of Saint Vincent DePaul. Rooted in Catholic values, we encourage students as scholars, disciples, and citizens.
- Saint Joseph Catholic School provides a rigorous curriculum, differentiated instruction, and high-quality teachers tocreate an innovative learning environment.Students are challenged through hands-on experiences that prepare them to compete and succeed in a changing world.
- We strive to educate the whole student within a family-like community. Rooted in our Catholic identity, students build theircharacter upon a foundation of faith, positive decision-making, and a commitment to serving others.
- We offer students room to grow as leaders and encourage them to apply their learning to the world around them. Through project-based learning and service opportunities, students understand how their choices and actions impact their world.
Profile last updated: 07/20/2021
St. Joseph School is a top-notch school that has a rich environment that has allowed my child to thrive in her academic journey. During this difficult time during the pandemic, the school has done above and beyond to make sure everyone is safe and comfortable.
St. Joseph School is such a special place. We are new to the SJS family but felt an instant connection and warm welcome from the very beginning. We have been so impressed with how Principal Owens, all staff and teachers have prepared and foster an inviting, safe and comfortable learning environment for the children. It's evident that the faculty members are passionate about the work they do and serving the SJS community. Information is clearly communicated and shared openly, while teachers are accessible and quick to respond. We feel so fortunate to be part of this incredible school now and are excited about the new opportunities for our children. We couldn't be prouder about making the decision for our family to join the SJS community.
Endorse St. Joseph School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Books Set In Private Schools
Enjoy a range of subject matter from recollections to murder mysteries, all set in private schools here at home and abroad.
Keep Ransomware Out of Your School
Small organizations like private schools are just as vulnerable to ransomware attacks as large organizations are. Here's how to deal with ransomware in your school.
Endow A Teaching Position
Endowing a teaching position accomplishes many things for the private school that gave you the foundation for your adult life.