St. Joseph School
- Living FaithSaint Joseph Catholic School is a coeducational parish school for students in K4 through sixth grade.
- We are dedicated to the purpose of providingeducationof the highest quality based on Gospel values.
- Through opportunities to worship, learn, and grow in character, our students are prepared to excel in academics and grow into mature Christians.Inspiring MindsWe strive to ensure that our students’ academic experience goes beyond textbook instruction by seeking opportunities to engage in diverse teaching strategies, as well as creative tools and technologies, in order to create an environment where children are excited about learning.Building CharacterWith small class sizes and low teacher-to-student ratios, our faculty members can go beyond traditional textbook and lecture instruction to ensure our students are taught in an environment that awakens all of their senses.
- Our goal is to meet and exceed the needs of each child’s individual learning styles.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||274 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 28 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,310|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is $5,310 for parishioners (5K-6th grades) and $7,470 for non-parishioners (5K-6th graders).|
- Saint Joseph Catholic School, a coeducational parish school for grades K4 through 6, exists for the purpose of providing Catholic education of the highest quality to the children of parishioners and other residents of the Columbia area. Central to the school program is a dedication to spiritual development and academic excellence based on Gospel values. Through opportunities to worship, to learn, and to grow in character, Saint Joseph Catholic School students are prepared to be lifelong learners who practice and live their values in the Catholic, Christian tradition. Because we believe that teaching should be innovative and because we understand that students learn in different ways, Saint Joseph Catholic School strives to ensure that our students’ academic experience goes beyond textbook instruction. We seek opportunities to engage diverse teaching strategies, as well as creative tools and technologies, in order to create an environment where children are excited about learning.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Columbia Grades: PK-12 | 717 students
3000 S Beltline Blvd
Columbia, SC 29201
(803)765-2309 2.7 PK-12
- Columbia Grades: PK-12 | 12 students
1313 Means Ave,
Columbia, SC 29202
(803)772-3317 2.7 PK-12
- Columbia Grades: NS-6 | 99 students
1035 Hampton St
Columbia, SC 29201
(803)252-8285 2.9 NS-6
- Columbia Grades: PK-K | 96 students
1005 Asbury Dr
Columbia, SC 29209
(803)776-8121 2.9 PK-K
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.