St. Peters Catholic School
St. Peters Catholic School Photo #3 - St. Peter's School uses instructional technology to enhance learning.
- The mission of St. Peter's Catholic School is to prepare our students for lives of faith, virtue and excellence.
- We accomplish this by nurturing and challenging the whole child--intellectually, physically, and spiritually--so that each child achieves his or her God-given potential.
- The K3 to 6th grade program is academically excellent.
- Our students consistently score above grade level on the Iowa Test of Basic Skills.
- Our convenient location in the center of the Captial City allows our teachers to take advantage of the many resources Columbia offers.
- Currently there are twelve different religious backgrounds in our student body. We welcome all who enter our doors.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||99 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,140|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition listed above is for Non-Parishioners. Parishioner rate is $5725.00|
|Admissions Director||Aubrey Wall|
|Admissions Associate||Alana Jordan|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Book Club, EarlyAct, Lego Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Children's Choir, Piano, Tap/Ballet
- Catholic Faith & Traditions Develop Excellent, Virtuous Character SACS (Southern Association of Colleges & Schools) Accredited for over 40 years Challenging A+ Academics,K3-6 Full & Half-Day K-4 Program Individualized Instruction Based on Identified Strengths & Weaknesses Small, Nurturing Classes Families from 12 Different Religious Backgrounds Strong Reading Program for Future Success Financial Aid for Affordable Excellence Outstanding Music Program with USC School of Music After-School Program Offers Opportunities To Develop Talents & Interests
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Columbia Grades: NS-6 | 142 students
411 South Maple Street
Columbia, SC 29205
(803)783-8838 2.3 NS-6
- Columbia Grades: PK-6 | 274 students
3700 Devine Street
Columbia, SC 29205
(803)254-6736 2.9 PK-6
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.