St Martin De Porres School
- St. Martin de Porres Catholic School, a ministry of St. Martin de Porres Parish, continues the tradition of providing a Christian educational environment for 3 year olds - Fifth Grade.
- Small class sizes allow for individualized instruction conducive to students needs and abilities, and incorporates the use of technology in an effort to promote academic excellence, leading to lifelong positive implications.
- We foster the spiritual awareness of God's presence in each child in keeping with the culture, values, and heritage within the community it serves, through Catholic teachings.
- St. Martin de Porres is a school where children, regardless of race, language or religion, are invited to be a "Shining Star.".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||87 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Columbia Grades: PK-12 | 717 students
3000 S Beltline Blvd
Columbia, SC 29201
(803)765-2309 4.1 PK-12
- Columbia Grades: PK-12 | 12 students
1313 Means Ave,
Columbia, SC 29202
(803)772-3317 1.1 PK-12
- Columbia Grades: NS-6 | 142 students
411 South Maple Street
Columbia, SC 29205
(803)783-8838 1.9 NS-6
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.