St Luke School
Tel: (718) 585-0380
- St. Luke's offers a balanced and challenging curriculum that serves intellectually curious and able students in a small, intimate learning environment.
- Located on a two acre landmark block in the West Village, the School has spacious outdoor facilities and large, sunny classrooms.
- At St. Luke's, we seek to give our students a sound cognitive foundation for their lives and prepare them for admission to and continuing success in future schools.
- As an Episcopal Church School, we also seek to do something more.
- St. Luke's is a small school, deliberately. Its size enables us to focus on each child as an individual.
- Its size also allows everyone to know everyone else. It fosters a feeling of family -- a supportive climate of trust and understanding, communicating values and building community.
- In this environment, children form positive relationships with classmates and teachers, with older children and with younger ones.
- St. Luke's is coeducational and heterogeneous. Its students and faculty come from a variety of backgrounds -- racial, ethnic, economic, religious.
- We value and actively encourage this mutually enriching diversity. It is part of the process of helping each child discover his or her own uniqueness and infinite worth as a human being- and at the same time, that of others.
- St. Luke's is a traditional school, in that it has a strong academic curriculum, high standards, clear and consistent boundaries and expectations.
- Within that structure, we emphasize freedom. We use varied educational approaches and techniques to help stimulate independent thinking- to free the children to question, challenge, explore, and pursue truth wherever it leads.
- We encourage them to express their imagination and creative powers, in science and mathematics as well as in words, music, and art.
- Interdisciplinary teaching allows content from one subject area to reinforce another and open up fresh insights.
- Above all, St. Luke's seeks to awaken in children a lifelong love of learning, a sense of joy and wonder at God's universe, and a deep feeling of connection to the natural world.
- We hope that whatever they go on to do and be, we will have prepared them to be good stewards of the world's resources -- responsible, caring members of one global human community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||324 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.