St. Margaret's Early Learning Center
Tel: (301) 336-3113
- St. Margaret's Early Learning Center is here to provide a warm and secure environment where the innocence of childhood is protected while simultaneously encouraging the natural inquisitiveness and creativity of each child.
- It is our belief that early learning should be enlightening, fun, stimulating and challenging.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||80 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- The St. Margaret's Parish began with the establishment of St. Teresa's Parish in Southeast Washington, D.C. in 1879. Northeast Washington, the territory of the current St. Margaret's, was incorporated into St. Teresa's also. As is the case today, workers in Washington found it more economical to reside in our locality than in downtown D.C. But in 1879, they would have to bring their food supplies home from the city. Soon, these workers opened stores locally. Catholic worship and education however, was still located in Southeast. The nearest church was actually Holy Name Church located at 11th Street, N.E. The St. Margaret's Parish mission is to to provide a warm and secure environment where the innocence of childhood is protected while simultaneously encouraging the natural inquisitiveness and creativity of each child. It is our belief that early learning should be informative, fun, stimulating and challenging.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Glenn Dale Grades: PK-8 | 376 students
11902 Daisy Ln
Glenn Dale, MD 20769
(301) 464-3215 8.4 PK-8
- Hyattsville Grades: PK-8 | 202 students
6801 Sheriff Road
Hyattsville, MD 20785
(301) 773-4079 1.8 PK-8
Nearby Homes for Sale
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.