St. Martin De Porres High School
- St. Martin De Porres High School is a college prep high school in Waukegan serving students of limited economic means with few educational options.
- Part of the national cristo rey network of schools, SMDP exists to prepare motivated urban students for success in college, in careers, and in leadership roles that will ultimately drive positive change for their communities.
- Students gain professional experience, while earning over half of the cost of their education.
- Unlike students at traditional schools, SMDP students rely on the corporate work study program to provide affordable access to a quality college prep education.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||228 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Waukegan Grades: PK-12 | 157 students
1550 W Yorkhouse Road
Waukegan, IL 60087
(847)623-7600 4.1 PK-12
- Grayslake Grades: PK-12 | 210 students
275 S Lake St
Grayslake, IL 60030
(847)548-6209 10.8 PK-12
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.