St Mary Cathedral Elementary School
- St. Mary's Elementary School works in partnership with families, the community, and the Church to provide a nurturing environment for students in kindergarten through grade three.
- The school is a center where teachers and staff, in cooperation with families, guide the child's early development in faith, academics and self-esteem.
- St. Mary's School accomplishes this by instructing the children in Catholic doctrine, preparing them for liturgies and the reception of the sacraments, and providing opportunities to live their faith; developing the child's potential by offering an academic curriculum strong in the the fundamental skills with attention given to individual needs; and assisting children to grow in self-esteem and self-discipline within an environment based on mutual love, respect, and parental support.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-3|
|Total Students||220 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lafayette Grades: PK-8 | 264 students
615 N 8th St
Lafayette, IN 47901
(765) 742-6464 0.4 PK-8
- Lafayette Grades: K-12
100 Murphy St
Lafayette, IN 47905
(765) 474-5042 1.1 K-12
- Lafayette Grades: PK-6 | 280 students
1902 Meharry St
Lafayette, IN 47904
(765) 742-4450 1.2 PK-6
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.