St Mary Elementary School
- We are committed to creating a Christian atmosphere for students, families and educators who share a common vision of integrating quality academic standards in an enriching learning environment supported by the Catholic values found in the Gospel message of Jesus Christ.
- St. Mary School is a faith community consisting of clergy, principal, faculty, staff, parents and students.
- We base our philosophy of education on Christ as our model, through studying scripture and fostering the teachings and traditions of the Catholic Church.
- Our major emphasis is on the development of Christian life and the formation of spiritual and moral beliefs of the individuals.
- We believe that Catholic education is responsive to the uniqueness of each individual.
- It guides all students in the fulfillment of their potential by addressing the needs of the whole child: spiritual, academic, social, physical and cultural.
- At St. Mary School, we foster a sense of self-worth, dignity in each individual and an acceptance of others as reflecting Christ.
- As Catholic educators, we prepare students to be Christian witnesses by putting their faith into action and we encourage them to be catalysts of change for the betterment of society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||301 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Berkeley Grades: K-8 | 313 students
1225 Milvia Street
Berkeley, CA 94709
(510)526-4744 11.1 K-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.