St Mary Elementary School
- We are committed to creating a Christian atmosphere for students, families and educators who share a common vision of integrating quality academic standards in an enriching learning environment supported by the Catholic values found in the Gospel message of Jesus Christ.
- St. Mary School is a faith community consisting of clergy, principal, faculty, staff, parents and students.
- We base our philosophy of education on Christ as our model, through studying scripture and fostering the teachings and traditions of the Catholic Church.
- Our major emphasis is on the development of Christian life and the formation of spiritual and moral beliefs of the individuals.
- We believe that Catholic education is responsive to the uniqueness of each individual.
- It guides all students in the fulfillment of their potential by addressing the needs of the whole child: spiritual, academic, social, physical and cultural.
- At St. Mary School, we foster a sense of self-worth, dignity in each individual and an acceptance of others as reflecting Christ.
- As Catholic educators, we prepare students to be Christian witnesses by putting their faith into action and we encourage them to be catalysts of change for the betterment of society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||297 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Berkeley Grades: K-8 | 311 students
1225 Milvia Street
Berkeley, CA 94709
(510)526-4744 11.1 K-8
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.