St. Mary S Catholic School
Tel: (903) 753-1657
- St. Mary's Catholic School strives to develop faith-filled, responsible citizens for our global community by providing a quality Catholic education which emphasizes academic success, self-discipline, and moral training, in a caring Christian environment.
- Staff members at St. Mary's School are dedicated to the development of each individual student's potential.
- The student will be taught both the cognitive and the affective skills needed to become effective citizens of the world.
- The school assumes this responsibility in cooperation with the child's primary educators, the parents.
- The school aims to educate intellectually, spiritually, morally, socially, emotionally, and physically.
- The child will learn to discover knowledge for himself, to solve problems, to be a critical reader, to develop a healthy curiosity and to be open-minded.
- The child will be encouraged to give witness to his faith by his own life.
- Our aim is to form pupils with a social conscience, a desire for racial justice, compassion for those who suffer, and zeal for the common goal.
- St. Mary's School is committed to quality education to meet the needs of the modern child.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Texas Association of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS)
Texas Catholic Conference Education Department
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||168 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Advanced Courses||Honors Courses and Dual Credit|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Dress uniform required for Mass days and formal field trips, other days casual uniform is acceptable (see website for details))
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade level. The average tuition between our Early Childhood and our High School would be from $5K to $9K per year. The fee schedule, dress code, school calendar, cafeteria menu, and other pertinent information are available on the school website at www.stmaryslgv.com|
|Admissions Director||Melinda Dunn|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballArchery, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Band, Choir, Guitar, Photography, Pop Choir, Theater
- Faith based education
- Providing quality education in a Christian setting since 1948.
- Accredited by TCCED and recognized by TEA
- Offering Dual Credit and Honors Classes
- Competitive Athletics
- Christian Schools Athletic Conference member
- Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.