The Prep School
Tel: (903) 758-0320
- The Prep School celebrates 35 years of providing readiness and enrichment preparation.
- Classes are offered for children ages 6 months through kindergarten.
- The twenty-two staff members of Prep plan activities that not only promote learning in academic fields such as reading, writing and mathematics, but also growth in the areas of emotional, social, physical and spiritual development.
- Two teachers are provided in every classroom and children also receive instruction from separate resource teachers in the areas of art, music, nature, motor skills, computer and storytelling.
- Special school resources include the children's library, the discovery room nature museum and two separate playgrounds.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Religious Affiliation||Disciples of Christ|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||110 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- The nearest high school, elementary school and preschool to The Prep School is Trinity School Of Texas (0.3 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Longview Grades: NS-12 | 334 students
1236 Pegues Place
Longview, TX 75601
(903) 297-3501 1 NS-12
- Longview Grades: K-12 | 23 students
800 Doyle St
Longview, TX 75601
(903) 445-6884 1.4 K-12
- Longview Grades: PK-12 | 168 students
405 Hollybrook Dr
Longview, TX 75605
(903) 753-1657 2.3 PK-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.