St Mary's Christian School
- St. Mary's Christian School is a non-profit, co-educational day school.
- The school is open for 180 days for our full day programs.
- Our half day programs operate fewer days. We are closed for 12 major holidays and 12 days during the school year for vacation, parent conferences and staff training.
- At St. Mary's our curriculum goal is to provide a daily experience that is directed at joy filled Christian learning and living.
- We have small classes by design. Lessons and activities are based on well researched learning and teaching practices.
- We are committed as a staff to continually revising our program to meet the needs of the students that are currently enrolled, not to expect children to fit into a limiting predetermined curriculum.
- We are using the Washington State's Essential Learnings, developmental growth continuum and the newly developed Early Learning and Developmental Benchmarks for children from birth to age 5 to guide our program design.
- Our mission shall be to work in active partnership with parents to assist in the development of the whole child - intellectually, spiritually, morally, socially, emotionally and physically and to help awaken and educate children about the special capacities and talents they each possess.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||49 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tacoma Grades: NS-12 | 606 students
827 N Tacoma Ave
Tacoma, WA 98403
(253)272-2216 8 NS-12
- Tacoma Grades: PK-4 | 33 students
1407 S I St
Tacoma, WA 98405
(253)627-7554 7 PK-4
- Tacoma Grades: NS-8 | 172 students
202 E 56th St
Tacoma, WA 98404
(253)475-9513 5.4 NS-8
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.