- Community Montessori is a comprehensive educational opportunity for your child.
- Community Montessori was established in 1968 with an emphasis on creating community among our families.
- We provide a safe, nurturing, developmentally appropriate, and educationally oriented Montessori curriculum in the prepared Montessori environment.
- Each child's intellectual, communication, physical, social, and emotional development is supported.
- We accept children from twelve months through eighth grade. Our students often exceed grade level expectations and we welcome gifted children and understand their unique needs.
- We offer a full day, year round educational program including K-8 summer session.
- Our staff has the dedication, education, and experience to model the values of scholarship, concentration, task adherence and completion, delay of gratification, hard-work, orderliness, and self-discipline.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
International Montessori Council (IMC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||33 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||33:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Our field trips are after school or on the weekends. One of our favorite sites is the Museum of Flight on free First Thursdays. Community members are welcome to attend these field trips with their children. We have a large garden area on our half a square block property. We welcome parent involvement and participation.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tacoma Grades: NS-12 | 606 students
827 N Tacoma Ave
Tacoma, WA 98403
(253)272-2216 1.4 NS-12
- Tacoma Grades: 4-11 | 15 students
1321 Martin Luther King Jr Way
Tacoma, WA 98405
(253)272-8111 0.1 4-11
- Tacoma Grades: NS-8 | 172 students
202 E 56th St
Tacoma, WA 98404
(253)475-9513 3.1 NS-8
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.