Saint Patrick Catholic School
- Saint Patrick Catholic School provides values-based Catholic education with an emphasis on faith, service and academic excellence to families in our parish and greater community.
- We inspire students to embrace the gospel mission of service and provide service opportunities within our school, parish, and community.
- Our teachers attend to the whole child in a loving environment by meeting the physical, intellectual, spiritual, emotional and social needs of each student.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||372 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Navy pants, plaid jumpers or skirts and white shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,830|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition based on grade level and status as a parishioner. In-parish tuition for K-8 is $6240|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Chris Gavin|
|Admissions Associate||Kathey Bucholz|
|Endowment Size||$1.4 million|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Robotics Team, Spanish Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Studio, Choir, Performing Arts
- Welcome to Saint Patrick Catholic School. Together with Saint Patrick Catholic Church, we pride ourselves in being a welcoming community with active parent and parishioner participation.
- We are a faith-filled Catholic community that embraces our Catholic heritage as integral to our mission.
- We are an academically rich. We nuture students while pursuing academic excellence through our challenging programs and devoted teachers.
- We are a loving and compassionate community that values honesty, respect, and service to others.
- St. Pat's has a long tradition of providing a formative education to the children in North Tacoma. What was started by the Tacoma Dominican Sisters over 125 years ago is now staffed by committed teachers with specialties in literacy, music, art and physical education as well as Spanish and technology.
- There is a breadth and depth to our curriculum that builds on preceding years ultimately preparing students for entry into college-prep high schools.
- We want our students to be formed with a strong Christian faith by adults who nurture their souls. Our community is devoted to our students to help them develop into active learners, effective communicators and responsible citizens.
- We welcome people of all faiths to join us or partner with us.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Puyallup Grades: PK-8 | 367 students
504 2nd Street Sw
Puyallup, WA 98371
(253)845-5025 9.6 PK-8
- Tacoma Grades: NS-8 | 532 students
7112 S 12th St
Tacoma, WA 98465
(253)564-5185 3.6 NS-8
- Federal Way Grades: PK-8 | 266 students
30527 8th Ave S
Federal Way, WA 98003
(253)839-3532 7.7 PK-8
- Tacoma Grades: NS-12 | 606 students
827 N Tacoma Ave
Tacoma, WA 98403
(253)272-2216 0.2 NS-12
GREAT GREAT GREAT SCHOOL. Sending my kids to Saint Patrick has been the best decision my wife and I could make for their education. There is a commitment at St. Pat's to the kids, their future that resonates from the Staff, Teachers, Parent community and the Parish that you just don't feel anywhere else. The Recruiting and hiring of Chris Gavin as Principal a well respected Principal from Bellermine. The Constant improvement in technology. Adding Ipads and Chromebooks for student use. The Active Parent Community that sponsors fun family type events and even some needed parent only events through out the year. most of all the Teachers... The small class size is one reason but the real reason is the TEACHERS .. they really care about your childs development and not just test scores. You would be challenged to find the level of commitment other schools at EVERY grade level. Again best decision we made for our kids and now that school is out they are already talking about fall reinforces the decision we made was the right one.
- Posted by Parent - dougj
St. Patrick School is virtual "diamond in the rough" in Tacoma. There is no stronger private school in Pierce County when it comes to education which includes only the highest caliber of teachers as well as parental support. If you are looking for a place where your child will receive a well-rounded, faith-filled (but not over the top) education in Tacoma, Pierce County, Washington, you will find no better school than St. Pat's!
- Posted by Parent - smorg