Saint Patrick Catholic School
5.00 (4 reviews)
- Saint Patrick Catholic School provides values-based Catholic education with an emphasis on faith, service, and academic excellence to families in our parish and the greater community.
- We inspire students to embrace the gospel mission of service and provide service opportunities within our school, parish, and community.
- Our teachers attend to the whole child in a loving environment by meeting the physical, intellectual, spiritual, emotional, and social needs of each student.
- We Were Distance-Learning During the Pandemic - 07/21/2020 - Our school building closed on a Friday and by Monday our school pivoted to distance learning without missing a day!
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||372 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Navy pants, plaid jumpers or skirts and white shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,830|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition based on grade level and status as a parishioner. In-parish tuition for K-8 is $6240|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Chris Gavin|
|Admissions Associate||Kathey Bucholz|
|Endowment Size||$1.4 million|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Robotics Team, Spanish Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Studio, Choir, Performing Arts
- Welcome to Saint Patrick Catholic School. Together with Saint Patrick Catholic Church, we are a community with active parent and parishioner participation.
- We are a faith-filled Catholic community that embraces our Catholic heritage as integral to our mission.
- We are an academically rich. We nurture students while pursuing academic excellence through our challenging programs and devoted teachers.
- We are a loving and compassionate community that values honesty, respect, and service to others.
- We have a long tradition of providing a formative education to the children in North Tacoma. What was started by the Tacoma Dominican Sisters in 1893 is now staffed by committed teachers with specialties in literacy, music, art and physical education as well as Spanish and Technology
- Our curriculum builds on preceding years ultimately preparing students for entry into college-prep high schools.
- We want our students to be formed with a strong Christian faith by adults who nurture their souls. Our community is devoted to our students to help them develop into active learners, effective communicators, and responsible citizens.
- We welcome people of all faiths to join us or partner with us.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Puyallup Grades: PK-8 | 394 students
504 2nd Street Sw
Puyallup, WA 98371
(253)922-5360 9.6 PK-8
- Tacoma Grades: NS-8 | 532 students
7112 S 12th St
Tacoma, WA 98465
(253)564-5185 3.6 NS-8
- Federal Way Grades: PK-8 | 269 students
30527 8th Ave S
Federal Way, WA 98003
(253)839-3532 7.7 PK-8
- Tacoma Grades: NS-12 | 606 students
827 N Tacoma Ave
Tacoma, WA 98403
(253)272-2216 0.2 NS-12
The St. Pats community is a family. The administrators and teachers truly care for their students and work hard to foster the minds, bodies, and spirits of the children. They have high expectations for students academically, but also behaviorally, which prepares students for the next chapters in their lives. I love St. Pats! It has been a blessing to be a part of this community! Go Shamrocks!
- Posted by Teacher - KLilly
St. Patrick School is exceptional! A dynamic, accredited learning environment supported by professional, knowledgeable and flexible staff and faculty. A caring contingency of engaged parents and community partners. An unapologetic Catholic identity that welcomes all, loves all, serves all. The first and only school for our beautiful, bi-racial, ecumenical children. St. Pats is the gold standard of elementary education! The building is closed, but learning is on! Smooth transition from classroom learning to online school. Motivated and innovative faculty rerouted curriculum immediately through the building closure of 2020. Students, ages 3 (Preschool) - 8th grade are thriving in the online classroom community. So blessed to have our kids attend this school! All are welcome!
- Posted by Parent - Christy J.
GREAT GREAT GREAT SCHOOL. Sending my kids to Saint Patrick has been the best decision my wife and I could make for their education. There is a commitment at St. Pat's to the kids, their future that resonates from the Staff, Teachers, Parent community and the Parish that you just don't feel anywhere else. The Recruiting and hiring of Chris Gavin as Principal a well respected Principal from Bellermine. The Constant improvement in technology. Adding Ipads and Chromebooks for student use. The Active Parent Community that sponsors fun family type events and even some needed parent only events through out the year. most of all the Teachers... The small class size is one reason but the real reason is the TEACHERS .. they really care about your childs development and not just test scores. You would be challenged to find the level of commitment other schools at EVERY grade level. Again best decision we made for our kids and now that school is out they are already talking about fall reinforces the decision we made was the right one.
- Posted by Parent - dougj
St. Patrick School is virtual "diamond in the rough" in Tacoma. There is no stronger private school in Pierce County when it comes to education which includes only the highest caliber of teachers as well as parental support. If you are looking for a place where your child will receive a well-rounded, faith-filled (but not over the top) education in Tacoma, Pierce County, Washington, you will find no better school than St. Pat's!
- Posted by Parent - smorg
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.