St Mary's High School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- St. Mary's High School is a college preparatory, secondary school established in 1885, with a mission to educate students in the Catholic tradition to be responsible, moral, critical thinkers and leaders well-prepared for college and life.
- Our school offers varied programs and courses designed to meet the individual needs and interests of our student population. Core courses in English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Foreign Language and Theology are supplemented by a variety of electives.
- St. Mary's offes students courses at three levels - College Preperatory, Honors and Advanced Placement - to ensure a succesful transition to higher education while providing optimum opportunities for academic and co-curricular success.
- St. Mary's students are involved in a variety of clubs, service organizations, and the Arts. Club participation encourages students to meet fellow students and the opportunity to develop and hone their leadership skills.
- We also offer more than 18 sports opportunities and boast a 25-acre state-of-the-art sports complex, The Grace Center.
- For more detailed information about St. Mary's High School in Colorado Springs, CO, please visit our website at www.smhscs.org.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Please contact school.|
|Total Students||251 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art, AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Programming, AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature, AP Spanish, AP United States History, Honors Anatomy/Physiology, Honors Physics, Honors Pre-Calculus,|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(No denim, collared shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / Mar. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,500|
|Tuition Notes||2017-18 Tuition; Annual Registration Fee $500|
|Admissions Director||Joe Trechter|
|Admissions Associate||Jane Cummings|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Ambassadors, Drama, Environmental Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA), Forensics, Link Crew, National Art Honor Society, National Hispanic Honors Society, National Honors Society, Spanish Club, Students For Life, Writer’s Group, Youth Philanthropy Club (YPC) Ambassadors, Drama, Forensics, Link Crew, Spanish Club, Environmental Club,
Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA),
National Art Honor Society,
National Hispanic Honors Society,
National Honors Society,
Students For Life,
Youth Philanthropy Club (YPC),
- 100% of St. Mary's students who applied to college were accepted in 2017; 94% to a 4-year college and 4% to a two-year college;
- Class of 2017 (66 graduates) earned over $12.6M in college scholarships;
- Average AP score for 2017 was 3.66 on a 4.00 scale;
- 92% of student body participates in extra-curricular activities;
- Thousands of hours of student community outreach each year;
- Closed campus with a safe, secure environment
- 25-acre, state-of-the-art athletic complex
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Colorado SpringsGrades: PK-12 | 327 students
21 Broadmoor Ave
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
Colorado SpringsGrades: PK-8 | 252 students
901 N Logan Ave
Colorado Springs, CO 80909
Colorado SpringsGrades: PK-12 | 337 students
4050 Nonchalant Circle S
Colorado Springs, CO 80917
Colorado SpringsGrades: PK-12 | 321 students
2511 N Logan Avenue
Colorado Springs, CO 80907
Colorado SpringsGrades: 9-12 | 40 students
5590 N Nevada Ave
Colorado Springs, CO 80918
Awesome school and outstanding combination of academic, athletic, and spiritual education. Small class sizes and personal instruction with caring teachers. There is a wonderful STEM program and a large percentage of students participate in multiple activities. I've had several children go through the school and they have been well-prepared for life. The school is strong in the Catholic faith and values. The school is weak in the performing arts but tries to support these areas with drama productions and school choir.
- Posted by Parent - tomre
Fantastic school! Small class sizes and individualized attention for every student. Our kids came from public school and have flourished in the close knit environment . Not only is SMHS excellent for academics but for becoming well rounded and self confident.
- Posted by Parent - marni
An excellent school and dollar for dollar the best private school value in the region, based on comparative college entrance scores (ACT, SAT), AP classes and scores, sports, merit scholarships, and college acceptance. In addition to being a terrific academic community, the school hold students accountable for their personal choices and develops a moral compass. I have two children attending and they have grown into independent thinkers because of their excellent faculty, and the expectations that have been put upon them to grow academically, physically, and morally.
- Posted by Parent - wkhog
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?