St. Michael's Christian Academy
5.00 (4 reviews)
- St. Michael's Christian Academy Preschool offers full day Preschool and Kindergarten. We have small class sizes and our teachers and staff are experienced and caring! Join our family at St. Michael's...the small school with a very big heart!.
St. Michael's Christian Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Teachers and Schools (ACTS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||78 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,000|
|Tuition Notes||financial aid is available|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Soccer, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballArchery, Basketball,|
Cheering, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Journalism/Yearbook, Surf Club
- For over thirty years, St. Michael`s Christian Academy has been educating students to excel in every aspect of life. We are dedicated to inspiring each student to attain the highest standards, scholastically, socially and spiritually. Our fully accredited program and dedicated, experienced teachers address each child individually. Our mission is to build confidence, character, and love of learning, giving students a solid foundation for a successful life.We invite you to learn more about us and to visit our classrooms soon.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dana Point Grades: PK-8 | 855 students
33866 Calle La Primavera
Dana Point, CA 92629
(949)496-1241 5.1 PK-8
- Laguna Beach Grades: NS-8 | 130 students
30516 S Coast Hwy
Laguna Beach, CA 92651
(949)494-7339 10.4 NS-8
- Laguna Niguel Grades: K-8 | 57 students
27632 El Lazo
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
(949)280-8641 10.6 K-8
All 8 of my siblings and I have gone (or still are going) to SMCA. We have gone there from kindergarten through 8th grade and had such amazing experiences. This school is like one big family and it gave me such a strong foundation in my faith, my education, and my social skills. I owe so much to this school and hope to one day send my future children there!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - chari
All 4 of my children attended SMCA for K-8. Each have gone on to a highly academic high school and colleges. Their foundation at St. Michael's gave them the tools they needed to become confident, successful, and productive adults. The amazing thing is that they can return year after year to say hello to their same dedicated teachers and staff.
- Posted by Parent - smhs9
I was blessed to attend St. Michael's from kindergarten all the way through 9th grade. I have now been out of high school for over 10 years, but remember my days there like they were yesterday. SMCA may be small, but what it lacks in physical size is more than made up for by the true love and dedication provided by it's amazing teachers. No one has had a greater impact on my life than the faculty at this school. Small class sizes mean teachers can truly get to know and build a relationship with each child aiding in their interpersonal skills development. All students were given extraordinary individual attention to allow them to develop their strengths and thus increase their confidence and sense of self. I am so blessed to have attended this school, and if I ever move back to Southern California I will send my children to St. Michael's without a doubt.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - abkca
All my children have attended this wonderful school. Dedicated teachers and small class sizes helped my kids be confident and successful as they moved on to high school. The family atmosphere is a plus because everyone knows your name!
- Posted by Parent - kkayj
Teaching gifted children requires deft handling. These children need intellectual and sensory stimulation. But they also need guidance and careful nurturing so that they grow up handling their special gifts and themselves appropriately.
Strategic planning is a disciplined effort to produce fundamental decisions and actions that shape and guide what an organization is, what it does, and why it does it, with a focus on the future.
Getting your child into a competitive school is a tough assignment. Don't let the many challenges overwhelm you. There is a simple solution.