St. Peter Chanel School is ultimately owned and operated by the Bishop of the Catholic Diocese of Baton Rouge.
This is the case of all Catholic Schools located in the Diocese of Baton Rouge.All Diocesan Catholic schools, including ours, is under the supervision of the Diocesan Superintendent of Schools, and is operated in strict accordance with provisions of the Administrative Manual published by the Diocesan Catholic Schools Office.
S.P.C. supports and enforces all Diocesan policies. Our curriculum is approved by the State of Louisiana and the Catholic Diocese of Baton Rouge and exceeds the requirements of the State Board of Education. We challenge our students to achieve more than the minimum standards required for promotion.
In addition to Reading, Language Arts,Science, Social Studies, and Math, our students have daily classes in Religion.
The curriculum is enriched and enhanced through classes in computer, physical education, and library.
- Top Ranked LA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 379 students
- Acceptance rate: 98%
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: Mar. 5 / May. 15
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 23%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Mar. 5 / May. 15
Please contact school office or check website for tuition cost
National avg.: 85%
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Club or Organization:
4-H, Beta, Student Council
4-H, Beta, Student Council
- Located in St. James Parish, St. Peter Chanel School offers grades PK3-8. Students qualifying in 8th grade can earn high school credit in Algebra I and English I. St. Peter Chanel School offers students an opportunity to participate in sports, music, drama programs and art classes for grades 2-8. St. Peter Chanel's mission is to provide a Christ centered curriculum that enables our young people to integrate the teachings of their Catholic-Christian faith into every aspect of their lives.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the acceptance rate of St. Peter Chanel Interparochial School?
The acceptance rate of St. Peter Chanel Interparochial School is 98%, which is higher than the national average of 88%.
What sports does St. Peter Chanel Interparochial School offer?
St. Peter Chanel Interparochial School offers 5 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Softball and Volleyball.
What is St. Peter Chanel Interparochial School's ranking?
St. Peter Chanel Interparochial School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Louisiana for: Oldest founding date.
When is the application deadline for St. Peter Chanel Interparochial School?
The application deadline for St. Peter Chanel Interparochial School is Mar. 5 / May. 15.
Endorse St. Peter Chanel Interparochial School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Secrets to Becoming a Great School
Discover the essential ingredients that drive academic success and cultivate a thriving school community.
Keep track of application deadlines as well as all the other aspects of choosing a school.
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.