St. Peter Chanel Interparochial School
St. Peter Chanel School is ultimately owned and operated bytheBishop of the Catholic Diocese of Baton Rouge.
This is the caseofall Catholic Schools located in the Diocese of Baton Rouge.AllDiocesan Catholic schools, including ours, is under thesupervisionof the Diocesan Superintendent of Schools, and isoperated instrict accordance with provisions of the AdministrativeManualpublished by the Diocesan Catholic Schools Office.
S.P.C.supportsand enforces all Diocesan policies. Our curriculum isapproved bythe State of Louisiana and the Catholic Diocese of BatonRouge andexceeds the requirements of the State Board of Education.Wechallenge our students to achieve more than the minimumstandardsrequired for promotion.
In addition to Reading, LanguageArts,Science, Social Studies, and Math, our students have dailyclassesin Religion.
The curriculum is enriched and enhancedthroughclasses in computer, physical education, and library.
- Top Ranked LA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 313 students
- Acceptance rate: 98%
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 22%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
National avg.: 85%
Total Sports Offered
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Club or Organization:
4-H, Beta, Student Council
4-H, Beta, Student Council
- Located in St. James Parish, St. Peter Chanel School offersgrades PK3-8. Students qualifying in 8th grade can earn high schoolcredit in Algebra I and English I. St. Peter Chanel School offersstudents an opportunity to participate in sports, music, dramaprograms and Art classes for grades 2-8. St. Peter Chanel's missionis to provide a Christ centered curriculum that enables our youngpeople to integrate the teachings of their Catholic-Christian faithinto every aspect of their lives.
Endorse St. Peter Chanel Interparochial School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.
Should Teachers Be Unionized?
One of the basic differences between private and public schools is the fact that most public school teachers belong to a union. Should teachers be unionized?