St. Raphael School
We, the faith-filled community of Saint Raphael School, are inspired to celebrate and share our God-given talents, be passionate life-long learners who strive for academic excellence, and foster a spirit of respect, reverence, and responsibility as we journey together empowered by the Gospel message to serve the Lord.
- Top Ranked NJ School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 246 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 38%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Club or Organization:
- Saint Raphael School dates back to the fall of 1921, when then Bishop Thomas Walsh established Holy Angels Parish. At the same time, he also gave Father John F. Walsh, the first pastor of Holy Angels, the responsibility for Saint Raphael's Mission. After twenty-two years (1921-1943) of co-existing with Holy Angels, Saint Raphael Parish was canonically established. On March 4, 2005, the Most Reverend John M. Smith, Bishop of Trenton announced the restructuring of the Roman Catholic parishes in the Trenton area. This announcement was preceded by a year-long study and analysis of the demographic trends, availability of priest personnel and resources to effectively serve the spiritual needs of the parishioners. As a result of this study, Saint Raphael Church and the Church of the Holy Angels merged on July 1, 2005 to create the new parish of The Church of Saint Raphael - Holy Angels. Both church buildings are located within two miles of each other on South Broad Street in Hamilton Township, New Jersey and will continue to serve as worship spaces for Sunday liturgies. The pastor of Saint Raphael - Holy Angel's parish is the chief administrator for Saint Raphael School. The school was founded in 1951 and shortly thereafter the school building was built on Gropp Avenue in Hamilton, New Jersey. Saint Raphael School has provided thousands of students with a quality education and Catholic principles since its doors opened. Throughout its history the school building has undergone several renovations in order to improve and pro-actively maintain the facilities. In 1976, the school completed its largest construction project since the original school was built -- the Saint Raphael Parish Center. The Parish Center includes a gymnasium / auditorium and a cafeteria, both of which are utilized on a daily basis by the school. In 2008, in order to support the expanded preschool program, the school designed and constructed its new Little Angels Preschool. In 2009, Saint Raphael School developed a Science Lab for Grades 5 - 8 and a laptop computer lab. The campus was also enhanced by the addition of a new Little Angels playground as well as a new softball field and a soccer field. Recently, Saint Raphael School completed the upgrade to a 100% wireless network. The Computer Lab was updated to include 34 Dell 23-inch Touch Screen Computers running Windows 10. Also, new computer desks were installed in the Computer Lab. Additionall, in 2013 SRS adopted the STREAM approach to education.
Source: Verified school update
Endorse St. Raphael School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Which Schools Did Our Presidents Attend? Part 3 - Wilson to Trump
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
School Security: It Could Never Happen Here Or Could It?
School shootings and other emergency situations won't happen in your school, right? Who knows! Better to put in place the steps necessary to protect the school community than to be caught unprepared.
July 06, 2022Parents' FAQs About Private School
You have dozens of reasons why you think a private school is a good option for your child. But you also have some concerns. We address those here.