The Newgrange School
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 3-12
- Students: 85 students
- Yearly Tuition: $61,189
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- An extraordinary place to learn. The Newgrange School is a NJ state-approved, private, not for profit school dedicated to empowering people with learning differences, and has been a leader among special education schools for more than 40 years. We have the dedicated and trained staff, teaching atmosphere, and focus on the individual student that prepares special needs students for the world.
- Newgrange provides a highly specialized educational program for students ages 7 through 18 with language-based learning disabilities. The Newgrange School is an approved State of New Jersey Department of Education private school eligible to receive tuition funding from public school systems. Newgrange faculty members are highly qualified and are trained and experienced in teaching students with language-based learning disabilities. Students are guaranteed the individualized instruction needed to achieve academic success. The staff includes learning Disability Teacher/Consultants, Speech/Language Pathologists, Social Workers, Teachers of the Handicapped, Teachers of Math, Science, Social Studies, Art, Music, and Physical Education/Health/Drivers Education. The faculty participates in professional development and continuing education programs on a regular basis. Our specialized training includes: Orton Gillingham, Wilson Language Training, Developing Metacognative Skills, LETRS, Project Read, and other multisensory teaching methods. The cornerstone of the curriculum at Newgrange is reading and language arts instruction. In addition to daily, intensive remedial instruction for reading in small groups, each student participates in a language enrichment class to insure that all aspects of the language arts (spelling, writing and oral expression) are addressed daily. Many students are also assigned individual tutorials for reading or written expression during the week. Mathematics, art/computer class, music, science, social studies, physical education/health, study skills and a transitions program for the high school students complete our program of study.
- If your child is struggling academically because of his or her learning style, The Newgrange School can help. Our core language arts, science, math, and social studies programs feature evidence-based instruction that leads to real-world success. Call today to learn more about our programs or to schedule a tour of our Hamilton, NJ facility. For additional information about the School, please visit https://www.thenewgrange.org/
Endorse The Newgrange School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards