The Newgrange School
- For students between the ages of six and twenty-one, The Newgrange School is a nonprofit school for special education.
- Located in Hamilton, NJ, we're approved by the New Jersey Department of Education.
- Our instructors and staff are equipped to handle students with multiple disabilities, including dyslexia, Asperger's, and Autism.
- Our education center in Princeton offers education evaluations, dyslexia screening, tutoring, and professional development.
- We can help students with nonverbal and language-based learning disabilities in first grade up to 12th-grade seniors and beyond.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language-based learning differences|
|Total Students||85 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Mr. Bob Hegedus|
- The Newgrange School, located at 526 South Olden Avenue in Hamilton, is a co-educational day school for students with learning disabilities. Newgrange provides a highly specialized educational program for students ages 7 through 18 with language-based learning disabilities. The Newgrange School is an approved State of New Jersey Department of Education private school eligible to receive tuition funding from public school systems. Newgrange faculty members are highly qualified and are trained and experienced in teaching students with language-based learning disabilities. Students are guaranteed the individualized instruction needed to achieve academic success. The staff includes learning Disability Teacher/Consultants, Speech/Language Pathologists, Social Workers, Teachers of the Handicapped, Teachers of Math, Science, Social Studies, Art, Music, and Physical Education/Health/Drivers Education. The faculty participates in professional development and continuing education programs on a regular basis. Our specialized training includes: Orton Gillingham, Wilson Language Training, Developing Metacognative Skills, LETRS, Project Read, and other multisensory teaching methods. The cornerstone of the curriculum at Newgrange is reading and language arts instruction. In addition to daily, intensive remedial instruction for reading in small groups, each student participates in a language enrichment class to insure that all aspects of the language arts (spelling, writing and oral expression) are addressed daily. Many students are also assigned individual tutorials for reading or written expression during the week. Mathematics, art/computer class, music, science, social studies, physical education/health, study skills and a transitions program for the high school students complete our program of study.
Profile last updated: 05/17/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- PrincetonGrades: NS-12 | 200 students
53 Bayard Lane
Princeton, NJ 08540
- VoorheesGrades: PK-K | 42 students
1004 Laurel Oak Road
Voorhees, NJ 08043