Delaware Valley School For Exceptional Children
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (609) 888-0101
- Delaware Valley School for Exceptional Children is a small, private, non-profit organization which has been in existence for 34 years and whose primary function is to accommodate the educational, emotional and social needs of its students.
- Our enrollment consists of 25 classified adolescents with 13 full-time staff members.
- Teachers hold the appropriate special education certification and ancillary staff have accrued numerous years of experience in working with our clientele.
- Our philosophy is predicated upon “Reality Therapy” in which students are held solely accountable for their actions.
- In addition to a well-devised behavioral modification program, several supplementary strategies have been implemented to encourage a positive work ethic and appropriate demeanor.
- Academically, our program offers the following beneficial factors: small group instruction; student-staff ratio of 2:1; positive reinforcement; modeling of learning strategies; short term organizational assistance; alternative teaching strategies; frequent encouragement; individual counseling; conflict resolution; peer mediation and structured environment.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||27 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Trenton Grades: 9-12 | 285 students
175 Leonard Avenue
Trenton, NJ 08610
(609) 586-3705 2.3 9-12
- Florence Grades: PK-12 | 244 students
2045 Columbus Rd
Florence, NJ 08518
(609) 499-2100 8.5 PK-12
- Neptune Grades: 2-12 | 116 students
1604 Woodfield Rd
Neptune, NJ 07753
(732) 681-6900 36.1 2-12
Best School for kids with adhd I learned a lot from the teachers there even how to control my anger thank you to al the teachers that were there in when I was there 1996 to 1999
- Posted by Student/Alumni - theon
Nearby Homes for Sale
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.