Delaware Valley School For Exceptional Children
5.00 (1 review)
- Delaware Valley School for Exceptional Children is a small, private, non-profit organization which has been in existence for 34 years and whose primary function is to accommodate the educational, emotional and social needs of its students.
- Our enrollment consists of 25 classified adolescents with 13 full-time staff members.
- Teachers hold the appropriate special education certification and ancillary staff have accrued numerous years of experience in working with our clientele.
- Our philosophy is predicated upon “Reality Therapy” in which students are held solely accountable for their actions.
- In addition to a well-devised behavioral modification program, several supplementary strategies have been implemented to encourage a positive work ethic and appropriate demeanor.
- Academically, our program offers the following beneficial factors: small group instruction; student-staff ratio of 2:1; positive reinforcement; modeling of learning strategies; short term organizational assistance; alternative teaching strategies; frequent encouragement; individual counseling; conflict resolution; peer mediation and structured environment.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||31 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Trenton Grades: 9-12 | 291 students
175 Leonard Avenue
Trenton, NJ 08610
(609)586-3705 2.3 9-12
- Florence Grades: PK-12 | 349 students
2045 Columbus Rd
Florence, NJ 08518
(609)499-2100 8.5 PK-12
- Neptune Grades: 2-12 | 116 students
1604 Woodfield Rd
Neptune, NJ 07753
(732)681-6900 36.1 2-12
Best School for kids with adhd I learned a lot from the teachers there even how to control my anger thank you to al the teachers that were there in when I was there 1996 to 1999
- Posted by Student/Alumni - theon
Nearby Homes for Sale
Learn more about Financing Your Kids’ Education in Private School.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.