Our Lady Of Sorrows School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (609) 587-4140
- Our Lady of Sorrows After School Program (ASP), founded in 1987, is designed to provide adult supervision for children with working parents.
- It has come to light that today's children spend most of their awake hours at school and in after school programs.
- Our Lady of Sorrows After School Program recognizes the need of parents to increase, supplement, and broaden their children's abilities.
- The Program has begun to offer ways to stay abreast of the changing times.
- In addition to providing a safe, enriching and loving environment, ASP offers designated homework/snack time, social/team building indoor games , creative enrichment (arts, crafts, computers, and board games), and outdoor free play time.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||261 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Trenton Grades: PK-8 | 238 students
2111 Kuser Road
Trenton, NJ 08690
(609) 585-3353 2.4 PK-8
- Pennington Grades: 6-12 | 534 students
112 W Delaware Avenue
Pennington, NJ 08534
(609) 737-6128 8.3 6-12
- Trenton Grades: K-8 | 178 students
333 South Broad Street
Trenton, NJ 08608
(609) 393-2801 4 K-8
Exceptional school and teaching staff!
- Posted by Parent - Parent of a Blue Knight
My son recently graduated from Our Lady of Sorrows School in Mercerville NJ. As they called his name at OLS graduation I thought back .. every accomplishment starts with a decision to try ... in 5th grade my son decided to try Catholic middle school & never looked back .. overall Our Lady of Sorrows has been a wonderful experience .. the classes are small so the teachers can really focus on the students . The school also offers basketball, soccer and track, not found at the public school level. Our Lady of Sorrows offers a wonderful experience & I would highly recommend to others! Grateful parent...
- Posted by Parent - olsproudparent
What a wonderful school! I can't say enough good things about Our Lady of Sorrows. My kids absolutely love it there. The families are welcoming, the teachers are caring, and the office staff and maintenance workers are friendly and helpful. The principal greets the children in the morning as they get out of their cars. The campus is beautiful and well-maintained and it's in a safe area of Hamilton. There is a playground for recess and gym class. The gymnasium/auditorium is awesome. They have enrichment courses every week, school shows, extracurricular activities, and competitive sports teams. There is an after school program for working parents. The kids receive their sacraments so there is no need to go to after-school/weekend Religious Education classes. The childcare center/preschool is separate from the big school and has its own fenced-in smaller-sized playground. The Pre-K kids get to go to the big school for enrichment classes. Tuition is reasonable and I think it is totally worth it to send my kids to a safe, academically challenging private school. We love OLS!
- Posted by Parent - pegas
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.