Our Lady Of Sorrows School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Our Lady of Sorrows After School Program (ASP), founded in 1987, is designed to provide adult supervision for children with working parents.
- It has come to light that today's children spend most of their awake hours at school and in after school programs.
- Our Lady of Sorrows After School Program recognizes the need of parents to increase, supplement, and broaden their children's abilities.
- The Program has begun to offer ways to stay abreast of the changing times.
- In addition to providing a safe, enriching and loving environment, ASP offers designated homework/snack time, social/team building indoor games , creative enrichment (arts, crafts, computers, and board games), and outdoor free play time.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||262 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lawrence TownshipGrades: PK-8 | 342 students
34 Rossa Ave
Lawrence Township, NJ 08648
- TrentonGrades: PK-8 | 278 students
2111 Kuser Road
Trenton, NJ 08690
- PenningtonGrades: 6-12 | 526 students
112 W Delaware Avenue
Pennington, NJ 08534
- Fairless HillsGrades: 9-12 | 567 students
611 Wistar Rd
Fairless Hills, PA 19030
- NewtownGrades: 9-12
1690 Newtown Langhorne Road
Newtown, PA 18940
My son recently graduated from Our Lady of Sorrows School in Mercerville NJ. As they called his name at OLS graduation I thought back .. every accomplishment starts with a decision to try ... in 5th grade my son decided to try Catholic middle school & never looked back .. overall Our Lady of Sorrows has been a wonderful experience .. the classes are small so the teachers can really focus on the students . The school also offers basketball, soccer and track, not found at the public school level. Our Lady of Sorrows offers a wonderful experience & I would highly recommend to others! Grateful parent...
- Posted by Parent - olsproudparent
What a wonderful school! I can't say enough good things about Our Lady of Sorrows. My kids absolutely love it there. The families are welcoming, the teachers are caring, and the office staff and maintenance workers are friendly and helpful. The principal greets the children in the morning as they get out of their cars. The campus is beautiful and well-maintained and it's in a safe area of Hamilton. There is a playground for recess and gym class. The gymnasium/auditorium is awesome. They have enrichment courses every week, school shows, extracurricular activities, and competitive sports teams. There is an after school program for working parents. The kids receive their sacraments so there is no need to go to after-school/weekend Religious Education classes. The childcare center/preschool is separate from the big school and has its own fenced-in smaller-sized playground. The Pre-K kids get to go to the big school for enrichment classes. Tuition is reasonable and I think it is totally worth it to send my kids to a safe, academically challenging private school. We love OLS!
- Posted by Parent - pegas
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.