St Thecla Elementary School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (773) 763-3380
- The mission of St. Thecla School, as part of St. Thecla Parish, and the Archdiocese of Chicago, is to provide quality education that reflects the Catholic way of life.
- Based on the teachings of Jesus, we want our students to be service-oriented members of the community; collaborative workers; self-directed learners; complex thinkers; and effective leaders.
- We provide an encompassing curriculum that meets the mental, spiritual, social, physical, and emotional needs of our students.
- We are preparing students to assume the duties of Christian citizenship.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||206 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: PK-8 | 242 students
2017 W Montrose Ave
Chicago, IL 60618
(773) 327-3144 6.5 PK-8
- Chicago Grades: PK-8 | 194 students
6143 W Irving Park Rd
Chicago, IL 60634
(773) 736-8806 3.1 PK-8
- Chicago Grades: PK-8 | 425 students
6040 W Ardmore Ave
Chicago, IL 60646
(773) 763-7080 1.1 PK-8
The teachers are extremely dedicated. They come in before school begins and lets the students come in for extra help. The parents are so supportive and always help out. The principal is great, he has built the school up in the 3 months he has been here and it will continue to excel. There is such a family atmosphere within the school it is like a second family to all. St. Thecla is a wonderful place to be!!
- Posted by Administrator - Kathy Collins
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.