St Thomas School
- St. Thomas School has daily religious instruction that permeates the learning experience.
- Students form values necessary for responsible decision-making. St. Thomas School students experience success in state standardized achievement tests given every year.
- We take pride in their many successes. St. Thomas School teachers view their work as both a career and a ministry.
- The teacher's visible respect for each student, their confidence in your child's abilities, and their genuine concern consciously sets a standard for relationships among classmates.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||87 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Madison Grades: PK-5 | 39 students
45369 234th St
Madison, SD 57042
(605)427-0109 3.7 PK-5
- Salem Grades: K-8 | 75 students
205 W Essex Ave
Salem, SD 57058
(605)425-2607 17.5 K-8
- Volga Grades: PK-8 | 59 students
223 E 6th St
Volga, SD 57071
(605)627-9286 23.4 PK-8
- Dell Rapids Grades: PK-12 | 220 students
812 N State Ave
Dell Rapids, SD 57022
(605)428-5591 23.8 PK-12
- Brookings Grades: PK-K | 44 students
1910 12th Street S
Brookings, SD 57006
(605)692-5272 25.9 PK-K
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.