St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (734) 769-0911
St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic School provides a classical Catholic education which leads our students in every grade and subject to an encounter in wonder with the good, the true and the beautiful-in creation and with the Creator beyond it. .
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||105 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Lower School: Green polo with khaki bottom, Upper School: White polo with blue bottom.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Daily celebration of Holy Mass with Eucharistic Adoration each Friday. Quarterly celebration of the Sacrament of Penance. Advent and Lenten upper school retreats.
- Advancing the power of a child`s memory, reason, and imagination by expanding the command of language, thought and expression in a rigorous schoolwide program of vocabulary, grammar and composition instruction.
- Instruction grounded in the child`s natural stages of learning captured in the classical trivium of Grammar, Logic and Rhetoric and the classical quadrivium of Math, Science, Art and Music, with Studio Art and Choir required in Kindergarten through 8th grade and Latin beginning in 5th grade.
- Physical Education instruction in six wellness qualities of the human body: Movement, Strength, Cardiovascular, Endurance, Coordination & Diet.
- Offering a 7th/8th grade trip to Rome to explore the seat of the Catholic Church and the Roman origins of western civilization.
- A seasonal boys and girls athletics program includes cross country, girls volleyball, boys and girls basketball, girls cheer, and track.
- Extracurriculars include Chess, Forensics, Art, Spanish, Violin, and Little Flowers.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Excellent school with a great classical curriculum and a wonderful staff. The parents and community are friendly and helpful.
- Posted by Parent - John
Best school ever :) The building is very large but a small amount of kids. everyone is super close and I love it! The academics are also very good. We use technology and other things and it's great. Go to St. Thomas. You won't be disappointed!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - hfesl
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.