Doughty Montessori School
- Doughty Montessori School is located in a beautiful old train station, in the west side of Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- Children, aged two and half to six are educated in traditional multi-age Montessori classrooms by well-trained and experienced teachers.
- Doughty Montessori School is based on the teachings and writing of Maria Montessori, who believed that developing the human potential was a path which led far beyond the confines of the classroom.
- Montessori's deep faith in the human personality developing free from psychological trauma and repression, held for her the vision of "a new man, a new society, a new world." We strive to nurture the emotional and educational needs of every child who attends Doughty Montessori School.
- We use traditional Montessori methods and theories to give each child the opportunity to learn at their own pace in a “prepared environment”.
- Through hands on experiences and an open mind approach, great discoveries are possible.
- The primary goal of D.M.S. is to focus on the whole child, to help each child reach full potential.
- The aim of Montessori education is to foster peaceful, competent, responsive children who are life long learners.
- By creating the most beneficial environment for your child, our staff shows their commitment and dedication to this philosophy.
- Students at Doughty Montessori School are actively involved with their own learning.
- Experiencing and discovering the materials at their own pace, growing in self esteem and cultivating their own desire to learn, becoming autonomous learners.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||30 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017