Statesville Christian School
- The mission of Statesville Christian School is to train students, in partnership with families, to think, live, love, and lead as Christians through programs of academic excellence based upon a biblical worldview.
- Simply put, SCS seeks to send out a generation of Christians who are armed with academic knowledge and Biblical truth to face a world that has become increasingly antagonistic to the teachings of the Bible and our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Where compromise is the mantra of the day, we seek to send out students unashamed of the gospel and armed to not only survive but thrive in our world through the Lord's grace and wisdom.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||270 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP English Literature, AP Environmental Science, AP Language|
|Average SAT score||1220|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Varies according to age)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,300|
|Tuition Notes||K $5700 1-5 $7700 6-8 $8400 9-12 $9400|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Dionne Stutts|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Culinary Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Interact Club, National Honor Society (NHS), Quiz Bowl Team, Sisters of Service, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
- Statesville Christian School was established in 1994 as a grassroots, independent, interdenominational Christian school by a group of families who felt called by God to start a school where academic excellence is the standard and where all teaching is founded on a Biblical worldview. The school opened its doors in 1995 with nearly sixty students in K-4th grade, and today, serves grades K-12 and has an enrollment of over 300. SCS is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), AdvancEd, and the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI). Our alumni attend colleges and universities across the state and country, including Elon, Liberty, University of Alabama, Lenoir-Rhyne, NC State, UNC-Chapel Hill, Auburn, Davidson, Duke and more.
- As a discipleship school, SCS partners with parents in the academic, spiritual and physical training of their students, and therefore, requires that at least one parent be a professing believer in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. God's Word tells us that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of all knowledge and wisdom. It stands to reason that an education that excludes God is incomplete at best. Therefore, SCS embraces every opportunity to incorporate God's Word and Biblical truth into everything we do. A phrase often uttered on our premises is that we are unashamedly Christian, and it's a part of our very DNA! This is a foundational part of our school and something beyond contestation. All families are in agreement with this before a partnership with the family is forged.
- Likewise, SCS also believes that the greatest teachers in the life of any child are mom and dad. It is our desire to reinforce the teachings of the parents and to have the parents reinforce the teachings of SCS. Some of the greatest learning that takes place happens around the dinner table following the question "What did you talk about at school today ". It is the belief at SCS that education should be inclusive of parents to be truly effective. The partnership between the home, the school, and the church forms the foundation and future of our unique school culture. Our school aspires to raise up Christian leaders who will engage our culture with positive responses to the pressing challenges which face our country and our world.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Davidson Grades: PK-12 | 452 students
750 Jetton Street
Davidson, NC 28036
(704) 237-5200 20.8 PK-12
Statesville Christian School is a great investment in your child. The same Christian values that we teach at home are re-enforced at school. Great teachers who care about your child and responsible administrators. This is the best thing you can do for your child. Enroll today, you will be glad you did.
- Posted by Parent - AB
Statesville Christian School became our school in 2012. The experience has been incredible! My son has grown into a confident young man who is grounded in his faith and academically prepared for more instruction. The teachers are caring and loving to the kids. The curriculum is challenging which encourages the students to reach for higher goals. The current administration is the strongest leadership we have experienced. If you are looking for a new school, please plan to visit SCS!!
- Posted by Parent - Paula B.
The school has been a tremendous blessing in our life. The academic preparedness and spiritual climate are unparalleled. Recently, one of the most well known lifetime educators and a man of impeccable historical character as a Christian, Dr. Barry Redmond recently took the helm at the school as the Head. The school is in great hands and will only get even better.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
Great school, with challenging academic program, designed to prepare students for future. I''d highly recommend, if you are looking for a school with strong Christian values, with a biblical world view. Teachers are great, they work with the students, and ratios allow more engagement. Don't pick this school if your child is not a fan of studying and homework, as it's not the amount, it's the challenging curriculum.
- Posted by Parent - campb
Moved to Statesville, NC because of Statesville Christian School. Kids have flourished academically, spiritually and socially at the school. I never have a concern about how they''re being challenged, loved, prayed for and led. The passion is about preparing tomorrow's Christian leaders and what passion the new Head of School, Mark Earwood has in this area. Check it out for yourself.
- Posted by Parent - brand
best school in the world the teacher and students all love u like a family highly recommended
- Posted by Student/Alumni - allys
SCS is an excellent, Christ-centered school. Students are challenged academically, but supported by teachers. The staff is wonderful and truly care about each other and the students. I have two students there and the love it! Just an overall wonderful environment.
- Posted by Parent - jj192