- Woodlawn is a private, independent, nonprofit school located just north of Davidson, NC. Currently accepting students in grades K through 12, Woodlawn offers a challenging, integrated academic experience, and is accredited by both the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS).
- The school is located on a scenic 61-acre campus that is easily accessible from I-77 and the surrounding Lake Norman communities.
- The focal point of the campus is the historic Woodlawn plantation house, built in 1836 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Our mission is to produce independent, lifelong learners who are responsible, contributing members of a diverse global society. Woodlawn graduates have matriculated to many selective colleges and universities around the country, including Princeton, Yale, Rice, Pomona, Middlebury, Penn, and Grinnell.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||214 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Chemistry, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP Spanish Language, AP Spanish Literature, AP U. S. History, AP World History|
|Average SAT score||1340|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||$15,890 for grades K-8; $17,190 for grades 9-12|
|Admissions Director||Mary Sessions|
|Admissions Associate||Kim Atkins|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Chess Team, Geography Bee, National History Day, Spanish Club, Spelling Bee, Student Activities Committee, Student Newspaper, Yearbook|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Davidson Grades: PK-12 | 522 students
750 Jetton Street
Davidson, NC 28036
(704)237-5200 1.7 PK-12
- Apex Grades: PK-5 | 70 students
2190 N Salem St # 103
Apex, NC 27523
(919)363-2461 113.7 PK-5
All sounds very intriguing. I look forward to talking to someone in person at the school, sitting in on a lecture to get an idea of how a typical 6th grade class functions, & review all academic & athletic awards while visiting different events that covers these two areas.
- Posted by Parent - sarah
This school is the best private school in the Charlotte area. Yes, it is beautiful, has an organic garden that teaches my child about the importance of healthy eating by showing him where our food comes from -- from the seed to his plate -- and allows my highly energetic son to spend class time learning outdoors (including with Chickens!). But more than that it has given my naturally shy, reserved son an amazing confidence and love of learning that has transformed him. He started Woodlawn as a person who could barely look an adult in the eye because of shyness, and ended the year doing a solo poetry reading at the school talent show. He started the year wary of the wealthy show-offs and bullies he had encountered at a Lake Norman preschool, and ended with 11 of the best friends he has ever had -- all 11 of his classmates. The teachers at this school are truly amazing, and beyond the beautiful school grounds, are the real gem of this school. We have never seen teachers who care so much about the success of each one child. They are truly shaping our son into the kind of caring, unselfish, hard-working, confident person we want him to become, and we could not be more grateful. Thank you Woodlawn!!
- Posted by Parent - nsoro