Davidson Day School
- Davidson Day is a Pre-K through 12th grade college preparatory school located in Davidson, North Carolina, a college town with a rich tradition of educational excellence.
- If you're looking for strong academics in small, personal classes, you'll find it here - and much more.
- We provide outstanding arts and sports programs, and we emphasize character and community service to help prepare children for the challenges of college and life beyond.
- Founded in 1999, our school holds dual accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS).
- Just think what your children and your family could accomplish here.individualized learning plans tailored for each child, and a warm, nurturing environment.
- This unique combination ensures its college prep curriculum prepares students for college and for life in the most child-centered way.
- We firmly believe that in education, one size does not fit all and we deliver our education according to this philosophy.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Academic Enrichment Center available to all students|
|Total Students||570 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||52 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Chemistry, AP English Language, AP Physics B, AP Psychology, AP U.S. History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniform from 3 yrs to 8th grade; Upper School dress code)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,800|
|Tuition Notes||Early Childhood tuition is different from K-12. Please see Web site for details.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Trent Brown|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Battle of the Books, Community Service Club, Environmental Club, Film Club, Guitar Club, Math Olympiad, Outdoors Club, Science Club, Ski Club, Spirit Club, Stock Market Club, Student Ambassador Program, Student Government Association|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Davidson Grades: K-12 | 144 students
251 South Street
Davidson, NC 28036
(704)987-9811 0.9 K-12
- Mooresville Grades: K-12 | 214 students
135 Woodlawn School Loop
Mooresville, NC 28115
(704)895-8653 1.7 K-12
- Huntersville Grades: K-8
14750 Stumptown Rd
Huntersville, NC 28078
(704)766-5000 5.8 K-8
- Huntersville Grades: PK-12 | 640 students
13820 Hagers Ferry Rd
Huntersville, NC 28078
(704)949-2200 6.6 PK-12
- Mooresville Grades: PK-8 | 335 students
4271 State Road 144
Mooresville, IN 46158
(317)831-0799 412.7 PK-8
July 16, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
July 13, 2018
Schools for the artistically gifted child are in short supply.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.