Tel: (704) 786-8171
Cannon School is an independent, non-denominational, JrK - grade 12 college prep school located near Charlotte, NC. Cannon School nurtures relationships at the heart of learning and engages the learner in a journey of growth.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||1,011 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||110 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||19 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$7,200|
|Admissions Director||Mr. William Diskin|
|Admissions Associate||Hannah Holliway|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- The question we are asked most often by prospective parents is "Why Cannon?"
- It's the people. Cannon School is a community of caring and thoughtful people.Our faculty and staff understand that teaching and learning happen best in an environment built on trust and support.Cannon students -- knowing that their teachers, advisors, and coaches care about them commit to the journey of intellectual growth and discovery. Along the way, Cannon students take on challenges. They take risks. They explore. Sometimes they experience success. Sometimes they fail. But always, their goal is to grow.Eventually surrounded by the people they trust Cannon students find their purpose. Culture is everything at Cannon.
- People make all the difference.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Concord Grades: PK-12 | 263 students
3200 Patrick Henry Dr S
Concord, NC 28027
(704) 792-1854 2.9 PK-12
- Charlotte Grades: NS-12 | 450 students
333 Jeremiah Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28262
(704) 599-9015 10.6 NS-12
- Salisbury Grades: PK-12 | 322 students
2970 W Innes Street
Salisbury, NC 28144
(704) 636-3005 23.3 PK-12
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.