5.00 (6 reviews)
Tel: (704) 999-2436
HOPE Academy Photo #2 - HOPE Academy is an AdvancEd accredited Kindergarten through 12th grade University Model School serving the Concord and Greater Charlotte North Carolina areas. In this unique hybrid school parents are supported with professional instruction and curriculum for both in-class and at-home learning.
HOPE Academy Photo #3 - HOPE Academy offers several enrichment classes for students to explore their passions including Culinary Arts, Digital Portfolio, Yearbook, Chorus, Worship Band, Bible, Foreign Language, Theatre and more. Visit HOPEK12.com for our current class offerings.
HOPE Academy Photo #4 - HOPE Academy facilitates a variety of teaching style to reach every student. Our emphasis on hands-on, project-based learning reaches students of all ages and offers depth of learning. Look for our Academic page on our website for more information.
HOPE Academy Photo #5 - HOPE Academy offers Physical Education class and recess in our K-12th grade programs. Based on coach/leader availability and interest our school may offer various Intramural sports and clubs throughout the school year.
HOPE Academy Photo #6 - At HOPE Academy teachers and staff pour into students spiritually, academically, and personally attending to the student as a whole through class, as well as upper grade advising opportunities. See our Staff page for more information.
HOPE Academy Photo #7 - The school community at HOPE Academy is a special place. The Lord is at work not only in our students and staff but our families and the community around us are also impacted in positive ways. Come see what makes HOPE Academy special!
HOPE Academy Photo #8 - Our parent partnership is one of the most important tools we have to ensuring a successful school year. Clear and regular communication are key to helping parents navigate school at HOPE Academy. We consider it a blessing to be able to partner with intentional parents to help raise godly young men and women.
HOPE Academy Photo #9 - Collaboration is key to our hands-on, project-based learning approach. So much of higher education and the job force depends on collaboration and working together that we consider these skills just as important as the outstanding academics our students receive.
HOPE Academy is a private Christian school in Concord, North Carolina serving families in Concord and the greater Charlotte area.
Our University-Model blends at-home learning with at-school learning as our K-8th graders are on campus for instruction 3 days a week and our 9th-12th graders are on campus for instruction 4 days a week.
Our unique schedule provides more time for families to be together while supporting families at home with a research-based, school-designed curriculum that fosters a love for authentic learning in students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Christian Schools International (CSI)
Other religious school association(s)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||171 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(See Dress Code on our website)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,207|
|Tuition Notes||Elementary School (K-5th) $6,857 - Middle School (6th-8th) $7,198 - High School (9th-12th) $7,410 Cost includes Book Fee and Enrollment Fee|
|Admissions Director||Amy Baker|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Soccer, VolleyballSoccer, Volleyball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Elementary Music, Worship Band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- HOPE Academys educational philosophy has been influenced by educational research and professional classroom experience. Most significantly, 2 Peter 1:5-10, to add first to your faith virtue and then knowledge, as had the greatest influence on our approach regarding both the academic and spiritual development of our students.Our goal is to foster a desire for learning and cultivate the unique gifts and strengths of every child.
- Our academic program can be characterized as inquiry oriented, project based, cohesive, and academically and instructionally differentiated. Students at HOPE Academy are most often seen working in small groups or pairs, engaged in some form of hands-on application of what they have learned, or engaging in a process of investigation to explore an idea more deeply.
- Students complete two to four projects per year related to their unit of study. These projects extend students learning, allow them to make broader connections and develop an in depth understanding of their subject. Students at all grades present their projects to both peers and adults. Students are able to speak conversationally about their learning and teach others in the process.
- HOPE Academy pairs an excellent academic program with Biblically based character development resulting in higher academic achievement and strong moral character.We believe people learn best when it is relevant, in-depth, and they are able to make broader connections between ideas.
- People retain and making meaning of what they learn when they apply it to prior knowledge and have an emotional response.
- Learning is best achieved by doing and teaching, therefore, students should have an active role in the classroom.
- Collaboration among students is a highly effective tool to increase learning and understanding.
- The role of a teacher is to engage students through an exploratory adventure by engaging them in higher levels of thinking such as questioning, inquiry and other instructional strategies.
- Textbooks are intended to serve as a resource, however multiple resources are necessary in order for students to understand multiple perspectives and explore ideas and events more deeply.
- It is imperative that we help our students develop a Christian worldview and that it is the lens through which we present all content. Learning can be assessed in a variety of ways.
- We want the students to make meaning with what they are learning and not simply restate information.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Concord Grades: PK-12 | 1011 students
5801 Poplar Tent Rd
Concord, NC 28027
(704) 786-8171 3.7 PK-12
- Concord Grades: PK-12 | 263 students
3200 Patrick Henry Dr S
Concord, NC 28027
(704) 792-1854 6.6 PK-12
- Concord Grades: NS-PK
360 Coddle Market Drive Nw
Concord, NC 28027
(704) 800-4440 4.4 NS-PK
- Concord Grades: PK-K | 55 students
5401 Vining St Nw
Concord, NC 28027
(704) 788-8860 4.3 PK-K
I am a 6th grader at Hope Academy and feel like I could not be in a better place. I love how they care about how I am learning and they teach us to be confident in what we learn. One of my favorite things about Hope Academy is my class. I have been with my friends for 4 years now and we know each other so well. At lunch we are usually the last to enter our eating area, but we always try to fit our whole class in one table. I also love how my teachers incorporate the gospel into any lesson, from math to P.E. Having the kind of teachers that I have, I feel so privileged being taught by them. They always encourage us to be ourselves, and when I do not understand something, I always feel like I can tell them. I love Hope Academy!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Allison K
I just finished my first year attending HOPE Academy as a 7th grader. I have found my school! I am supported by teachers and staff every day. I am encouraged to get out of my comfort zone and challenge myself, all while receiving strength and guidance to be successful. Academics and worship are important to me, and HOPE Academy provides me with both. Project-based learning was a new concept for me. I enjoy how it allows me to be creative. I love going to school three days a week and learning from home the other two days. The structure allows me to schedule my extra-curricular activities on home days. We celebrate big and share with family, friends, and community what we've learned at the end of each quarter. We volunteer within the community. We learn life lessons and scholastics, and I know I'll come out of this school better prepared for life. We are a school but we are also one big family.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Landon Rapp
I am a student at hope academy and I have been going to hope since kindergarten. I can not imagine going to another school. The staff is amazing always very encouraging and ready to help! I love all the hands-on projects we have. Hope is a wonderful school filled with a lot of awesome people!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Reilly Turner
Hope Academy has been an absolute blessing to our family. The staff, administration, and school community welcomed us with open arms, everyone made our transition to a new school so smooth and warm. My husband and I both have education backgrounds and have taught or worked in schools for 15 plus years. Both as teachers and as parents we have been impressed with the academics, the high expectations for students, as well as the support for a student's who may be struggling. Students are pushed to be critical thinkers, problem solvers, and encouraged to add value to those around them. We have watched our son grow in every area, he has not always been a "fan" of school, but absolutely loved being at Hope, the friends he made, his teachers, praise and worship, and of course recess ;). We are thankful for the dedication of the teachers and administration!
- Posted by Parent - LeAnn
Hope Academy is an incredible school with amazingly talented teachers and staff!
- Posted by Parent - Beth
I absolutely love Hope Academy! I have attended the school since it opened, and I can't imagine going anywhere else. The teachers, staff, and students are amazing, and everyone feels like family. The hands-on learning approach really helps my learning feel more tangible and makes concepts easier to understand and remember. If you are looking for a unique school experience, check out Hope Academy!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Chloe Henry
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.