5.00 (2 reviews)
HOPE Academy Photo #2 - HOPE Academy is an AdvancEd accredited Kindergarten through 12th grade University Model School serving the Concord and Greater Charlotte North Carolina areas.
HOPE Academy Photo #3 - HOPE Academy offers several enrichment classes including Culinary Arts, Bible, Foreign Language, Theatre and more. Visit HOPEK12.com for our current class offerings.
HOPE Academy Photo #4 - HOPE Academy facilitates different kinds of teaching with an emphasis on hands-on, project-based learning that reaches students of all ages. Look for our Academic page on our website.
HOPE Academy Photo #5 - HOPE Academy offers various Intramural sports and clubs the school year based on coach/leader availability.
HOPE Academy Photo #6 - At HOPE Academy teachers and staff pour into students spiritually, academically, and personally attending to the student as a whole through class, as well as upper grade advising opportunities. See our Staff page for more information.
- HOPE Academy is a private Christian school in Concord, North Carolina serving families in the greater Charlotte area.
- God impressed a vision on the hearts of two moms in the spring of 2011 to found HOPE Academy.
- Since that time, HOPE has continued to grow as a Christ-centered community of families desiring to invest in their children in an uncommon way.
- HOPEs unique schedule provides more time for families to be together.
- Our research-based, school-designed curriculum fosters a love for authentic learning in students from Kindergarten through 12th grade..
Upcoming Events and News
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||162 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(See Dress Code on our website)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,786|
|Tuition Notes||Elementary School (K-5th) $5,500 - Middle School (6th-8th) $5,786 - High School (9th-12th) $6,549Sibling Discount Available|
|Admissions Director||Heather Henry|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Elementary Music, Worship Band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- HOPE Academys educational philosophy has been influenced by educational research and professional classroom experience. Most significantly, 2 Peter 1:5-10, to add first to your faith virtue and then knowledge, as had the greatest influence on our approach regarding both the academic and spiritual development of our students.Our goal is to foster a desire for learning and cultivate the unique gifts and strengths of every child.
- Our academic program can be characterized as inquiry oriented, project based, cohesive, and academically and instructionally differentiated. Students at HOPE Academy are most often seen working in small groups or pairs, engaged in some form of hands-on application of what they have learned, or engaging in a process of investigation to explore an idea more deeply.
- Students complete two to four projects at home per year related to their unit of study. These projects extend students learning, allow them to make broader connections and develop an in depth understanding of their subject. Students at all grades present their projects to both peers and adults. Students are able to speak conversationally about their learning and teach others in the process.
- HOPE Academy pairs an excellent academic program with Biblically based character development resulting in higher academic achievement and strong moral character.We believe people learn best when it is relevant, in -depth, and they areable to make broader connections between ideas.
- People retain and making meaning of what they learn when they apply it to prior knowledge and have an emotional response.
- Learning is best achieved by doing and teaching, therefore, studentsshould have an active role in the classroom.
- Collaboration among students is a highly effective tool to increaselearning and understanding.
- The role of a teacher is to engage students through an exploratory adventure by engaging them in higher levels of thinking such asquestioning, inquiry and other instructional strategies.
- Textbooks are intended to serve as a resource, however multipleresources are necessary in order for students to understandmultiple perspectives and explore ideas and events more deeply.
- It is imperative that we help our students develop a Christian worldviewand that it is the lens through which we present all content.Learning can be assessed in a variety of ways.
- We want the students tomake meaning with what they are learning and not simplyrestate information.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Concord Grades: PK-12 | 1011 students
5801 Poplar Tent Rd
Concord, NC 28027
(704)786-8171 3.7 PK-12
- Charlotte Grades: PK-8
4225 Shamrock Dr
Charlotte, NC 28215
(704)531-0067 9.3 PK-8
- Charlotte Grades: PK-5
600 Hillside Ave
Charlotte, NC 28209
(704)525-4938 14.9 PK-5
- Charlotte Grades: K-5
3028 Providence Rd
Charlotte, NC 28211
(704)366-2409 14.4 K-5
I absolutely love Hope Academy! I have attended the school since it opened, and I can't imagine going anywhere else. The teachers, staff, and students are amazing, and everyone feels like family. The hands-on learning approach really helps my learning feel more tangible and makes concepts easier to understand and remember. If you are looking for a unique school experience, check out Hope Academy!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Chloe Henry
I am a 6th grader at Hope Academy and feel like I could not be in a better place. I love how they care about how I am learning and they teach us to be confident in what we learn. One of my favorite things about Hope Academy is my class. I have been with my friends for 4 years now and we know each other so well. At lunch we are usually the last to enter our eating area, but we always try to fit our whole class in one table. I also love how my teachers incorporate the gospel into any lesson, from math to P.E. Having the kind of teachers that I have, I feel so privileged being taught by them. They always encourage us to be ourselves and when I do not understand something I always feel like I can tell them. I love Hope Academy!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Allison K
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.