Steppingstone Montessori School
Tel: (847) 356-4282
- Steppingstone Montessori School is a privately owned, non - sectarian pre-school and Kindergarten.
- The school is registered with the Illinois State Board of Education and is affiliated with the American Montessori Society.
- The school uses an adult/child ratio of 1 to 10 in all of its classes. Steppingstone Montessori School has been in operation since 1986. Donna Johnson is co-founder and owner of the school. Steppingstone Montessori School offers programs for children ages 3 years through Kindergarten.
- Since Montessori programs are individualized programs, children may be enrolled at any time during the school year, space permitting.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||All|
|Total Students||21 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Yearly tuition based on number of days child attends, payable monthly from September through May|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Paula Folinazzo|
- Traditional, affordable Montessori programs for children 3 through 6 years. Half-day and Extended Day options available. Before and After school care available 3, 4, and 5 day programs offered.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Libertyville Grades: NS | 100 students
125 W Church St
Libertyville, IL 60048
(847) 281-9911 9.4 NS
- Grayslake Grades: PK-12 | 210 students
275 S Lake St
Grayslake, IL 60030
(847) 548-6209 5.3 PK-12
- Lake Zurich Grades: NS-K | 130 students
One Corporate Drive
Lake Zurich, IL 60047
(847) 726-3410 14.6 NS-K
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.