Steppingstone Montessori School
Steppingstone Montessori School is a privately owned, non - sectarian pre-school and Kindergarten.
The school is registered with the Illinois State Board of Education and is affiliated with the American Montessori Society.
The school uses an adult/child ratio of 1 to 10 in all of its classes. Steppingstone Montessori School has been in operation since 1986. Donna Johnson is co-founder and owner of the school. Steppingstone Montessori School offers programs for children ages 3 years through Kindergarten.
Since Montessori programs are individualized programs, children may be enrolled at any time during the school year, space permitting.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Students: 21 students
- Acceptance rate: 100%
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly tuition based on number of days child attends, payable monthly from September through May
National avg.: 85%
- Traditional, affordable Montessori programs for children 3 through 6 years. Half-day and Extended Day options available. Before and After school care available 3, 4, and 5 day programs offered.
Endorse Steppingstone Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
How Exposed Is Your School?
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.