StoneGate Christian Academy
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (972) 790-0070
- Vision: SGCA is a Christ centered institution for the purpose of equipping future leaders by developing the whole person. Mission Statement: The mission of StoneGate Christian Academy is to educate children from a Christian family by: * placing Jesus first in ALL areas, * filtering everything through a Biblical Worldview, * instilling a devotion to God that transforms communities, * developing hardworking, responsible, respectful citizens.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||138 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Anatomy, Drama, History, Honors English, Math, Sciences, Trig/pre-Cal|
|Average SAT score||1300|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Navy pants, plaid skirts, white button down shirts,)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,868|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies from elementary to high school. See website. 5% Discount if paid in full and limited scholarships. 10% Pastoral Discount. 10% siblings discount.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Brandi King|
|Admissions Associate||Rebecca Wright|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Golf, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Golf,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Choir, Student Board
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Drama / Musical Productions, Technology Team, Worship Team, Year Book
- StoneGate Christian Academy has successfully operated grades K4 through 12th grade since 1976. Each year, more than 90% of our graduates go on to attend college. The Academy began in 1976 as a ministry of Shady Grove Church, until April of 2005 when the school became an independent 503(c) organization under the name of StoneGate Christian Academy. At StoneGate Christian Academy, we strive to challenge all our students to meet a higher academic standard in their core subjects, while also assisting students in being well-rounded by offering a fine arts program that is competitive and award-winning. In all levels of academics, we keep a Biblical focus, incorporating the character of Christ and His teachings in our curriculum.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Irving Grades: PK-8 | 200 students
2323 Cheyenne St
Irving, TX 75062
(972) 255-0205 0.7 PK-8
- Irving Grades: 5-12 | 345 students
3660 Cistercian Road
Irving, TX 75039
(469) 499-5402 5.4 5-12
- Irving Grades: PK-6 | 129 students
2700 Warren Cir
Irving, TX 75062
(972) 257-3517 4 PK-6
StoneGate is a great choice for families who want to give their children a quality education in a safe and loving environment. Our daughter is now in her 3rd year at StoneGate and is thriving and happy. The teachers are caring and work to help the students with their success. She participates in choir and volleyball and has made good friends at school. I would encourage parents to consider StoneGate.
- Posted by Parent - Rebecca
My family has been a part of StoneGate Christian for 18 years - three children graduated and one to go! My older children went to college. They both shared how they realized they were educationally prepared when they entered college. My 3rd child tested so high for joining the military, he had his pick of a career. My 4th child is excelling in his academics. StoneGate has always focused on the foundational basics of subjects, creating a firm educational foundation. StoneGate having a smaller enrollment, students are able to participate in as many extracurriculars as they desire. Once again, an advantage for a wide experience of music, drama, and sports. Teachers, staff, and students know each other - strengths and weaknesses - and work together. Upper grade-levels and lower grade-levels know each other by name. Teachers and staff are easily accessible for parents - working together for the well-being of the school and students. And above all, StoneGate is Christ-centered!
- Posted by Parent - Pam
My daughter has loved her time at SGCA. She has been challenged academically, grown spiritually, and is truly loved by her teachers. She has enjoyed being able to participate in so many areas such as band, drama, and sports. You can truly tell that the teachers at this school love their students and truly enjoy what they do. This is a wonderful school. A safe, positive, and loving Christ-centered school!
- Posted by Parent - Parent
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.