The Highlands School
5.00 (7 reviews)
Tel: (972) 554-1980
- The mission of The Highlands School is the formation of Christian leaders who will transform society. We follow the Integral Formation educational philosophy of the Legionaries of Christ and Regnum Christi, which strives to develop the spiritual, intellectual, human, and apostolic dimensions of the whole person. Integral Formation is a comprehensive method and practice of teaching for developing authentic Catholic leaders in schools worldwide.
- Based on the Christian view of the person, it focuses on the complete development of all dimensions of the person: intellectual, human, spiritual, and apostolic.
- We challenge our students to identify and use their gifts in service to others. Recognizing the parent as the primary educator of the child, our mission embraces the entire family. We provide a safe, moral, and spiritual environment which leads to positive peer groups and joyful, caring, confident students. It is summed up in the motto of our mission: To Teach, To Educate, To Form.
- To Teach: informing the mind, transmitting knowledge To Educate: cultivating the heart to love authentic values and a sense of what is good, just, and beautiful To Form: forging the will and shaping character in virtue as a basis for integrity.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||355 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||46 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP History, AP Physics, AP Spanish, AP English, AP Latin, AP Political Science|
|Average SAT score||1320|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||PreK 3 & PreK 4 $10.900 Grades K-5 $11,900 Grades 6-8 $12,500 Grades 9-12 $15,500 *2019-2020 Rates published January 2019|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jennifer Denney|
|Admissions Associate||Kim Austin|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||21 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Boys Student Council, Challenge Girls Club, Conquest Club, Girls Student Council, Holy Week Missions, International Missions, Journalism, Model UN, National Honor Society, National Latin Exam Honors, National Spanish Honor Society, Pro-Life Club, Prom Committee, Spanish Honor Society, Student Ambassadors, Theology Bowl, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Drama Club, Fall Play, Spring Musical
- The Highlands School is a Pre-K3 through 12th grade Catholic college preparatory school. Our smaller school environment affords students a higher teacher to student ratio, more opportunities to participate in extracurricular and sports activities, and creates a marvelous family atmosphere that fosters the flourishing of the individual.
- Our school is best known for its strong academics and the full development of all aspects of the person. This is fruit of our four-tiered Integral Formation methodology which focuses on the intellectual, spiritual, character, and apostolic development of each student. Highlighting this is the recognition we have received being named to the National Catholic High School Honor Roll every year since 2004.
- We believe that the spiritual life and character development are essential for the development of children. The Highlands has a staff of 9 full time religious men and women whose focus is the personalized character and spiritual development of each student. We have a clear and enthusiastic Catholic identity, yet lived in a way that families from other faiths feel at home. We incorporate the truth about who God is and how we should relate to Him and to each other into the daily lived experience at school.
- With this academic, character, spiritual and apostolic formation, and building on the foundations laid at home, Highlands School students are given what is necessary to be strong leaders who value virtue and service to others, being true lights in our world.
- At the Highlands, you can see the enthusiasm we have for our students. I encourage you to visit our campus and experience for yourself the passion of our people and excellence in education we provide.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Irving Grades: PK-8 | 200 students
2323 Cheyenne St
Irving, TX 75062
(972) 255-0205 4.4 PK-8
- Irving Grades: 5-12 | 345 students
3660 Cistercian Road
Irving, TX 75039
(469) 499-5402 0.9 5-12
- Irving Grades: NS-2 | 114 students
1615 W Airport Freeway
Irving, TX 75062
(972) 252-4733 2.1 NS-2
BEST CATHOLIC SCHOOL IN THE DFW area-This school is a Gem!!! I had heard of their academics, and I wanted a catholic environment for my children, but I was so impressed and still am. The quality of a whole formation my children get compares to no other place. This is truly a Catholic school, other schools say they are catholic but they are not really Catholic schools. I would not send my children anywhere else, and the principal has been making changes and great things are coming. Last year, there were waiting lists for most grades. You truly CAN'T beat the education you get here. It is for the LONG run; it leaves a mark in the children's hearts for many many years. The school truly prepares them to be confident and to change the world.
- Posted by Parent - Ron
My daughter attended The Highlands School grades 10, 11 & 12. She graduated this past spring and is now doing very well at University of Dallas. We just loved our time at The Highlands. She loved going to this school everyday, and they well-prepared her for college.My daughter's faith and spirit grew so much when she was here. There are so many outstanding faculty who really care about their students and go way out of their way for them I cannot recommend this school highly enough. We especially appreciated the Consecrated Women and the priests' and brothers' influence and guidance.
- Posted by Parent - Beth Farrell
I love The Highlands School! I believe with this school I became prepared for college!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Jath Martinez
The Highlands School has been our home for many years from PK thru graduation. We feel blessed to have found such a special school for our children. When on campus, you just feel that Christ is present in the administration, teachers and parents. It is a family environment. The academics are strong. Your child can play in any sport of their choosing. The character formation of our children has helped them to be strong leaders of their faith, their social life and the issues they continue to face in this world as young adults. This school has a strong Catholic identity. Please come and see for yourself!
- Posted by Parent - Blessed
Great and challenging HS. Extremely caring staff and teachers, Soccer coach.Students immediately welcomed our 11th grade daughter and has now graduated. So far ahead of previous schools she attended. Wish we had started her earlier!!! She was offered scholarships from almost all the colleges she applied. Most over 50% tuition. Social wise and Christian top notch...They do not just talk but truly walk the walk and hold students to high morals. Good counseling for life choices. Active parents.
- Posted by Parent - Greg
I feel more blessed by the presence of this school each day my children spend here. My children have all grown here in terms of spiritual, academic and personal growth thank to the priests, brothers and consecrated. There is a place for everyone to belong here, and no one is an outcast unless they choose to be. God bless you, THS! Thank you for all you have been to my family and I.
- Posted by Parent - JJDM
New Principal and admin staff have made a good school .... Amazing!
- Posted by Parent - sakur
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.