- The mission of The Highlands School is the formation of Christian leaders who will transform society. In our gender separate environments on a co-ed campus, we follow the Integral Formation educational philosophy of the Legionaries of Christ and Regnum Christi, which strives to develop the spiritual, intellectual, human, and apostolic dimensions of the whole person. Integral Formation is a comprehensive method and practice of teaching for developing authentic Catholic leaders in schools worldwide.
- Based on the Christian view of the person, it focuses on the complete development of all dimensions of the person: intellectual, human, spiritual, and apostolic.
- We challenge our students to identify and use their gifts in service to others. Recognizing the parent as the primary educator of the child, our mission embraces the entire family. We provide a safe, moral, and spiritual environment which leads to positive peer groups and joyful, caring, confident students. It is summed up in the motto of our mission: To Teach, To Educate, To Form.
- To Teach: informing the mind, transmitting knowledge To Educate: cultivating the heart to love authentic values and a sense of what is good, just, and beautiful To Form: forging the will and shaping character in virtue as a basis for integrity.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||464 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||46 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP History, AP Physics, AP Spanish, AP English, AP Latin, AP Political Science,|
|Average SAT score||1320|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||PreK 3 & PreK 4 $10.900 Grades K-5 $11,900 Grades 6-8 $12,500 Grades 9-12 $15,500|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Donna Woodard|
|Admissions Associate||Kim Austin|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||23 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Boys Student Council, Challenge Girls Club, Choir, Classical Art Club, Conquest Club, Drama Club, Fall Play, Girls Student Council, Holy Week Missions, International Missions, Journalism, Mock Trial Club, Model UN, National Honor Society, National Latin Exam Honors, National Spanish Honor Society, Pro-Life Club, Prom Committee, Spanish Honor Society, Spring Musical, Student Ambassadors, Theology Bowl, Yearbook Choir, Conquest Club, Drama Club, Fall Play, Journalism, Model UN, Pro-Life Club, Prom Committee, Spring Musical, Theology Bowl, Yearbook, Boys Student Council,
Challenge Girls Club,
Classical Art Club,
Girls Student Council,
Holy Week Missions,
Mock Trial Club,
National Honor Society,
National Latin Exam Honors,
National Spanish Honor Society,
Spanish Honor Society,
- The Highlands School is a Pre-K3 through 12th grade Catholic college preparatory school offering gender specific education on a co-ed campus (4-12th grade). Our smaller school environment affords students a higher teacher to student ratio, more opportunities to participate in extracurricular and sports activities, and creates a marvelous family atmosphere that fosters the flourishing of the individual.
- Our school is best known for its strong academics and the full development of all aspects of the person. This is fruit of our four-tiered Integral Formation methodology which focuses on the intellectual, spiritual, character, and apostolic development of each student. Highlighting this is the recognition we have received being named to the National Catholic High School Honor Roll every year since 2004.
- We believe that the spiritual life and character development are essential for the development of children. The Highlands has a staff of 10 full time religious men and women whose focus is the personalized character and spiritual development of each student. We have a clear and enthusiastic Catholic identity, yet lived in a way that families from other faiths feel at home. We incorporate the truth about who God is and how we should relate to Him and to each other into the daily lived experience at school.
- With this academic, character, spiritual and apostolic formation, and building on the foundations laid at home, Highlands School students are given what is necessary to be strong leaders who value virtue and service to others, being true lights in our world.
- At the Highlands, you can see the enthusiasm we have for our students. I encourage you to visit our campus and experience for yourself the passion of our people and excellence in education we provide. .
- School Location Miles Grades Students
IrvingGrades: PK-12 | 145 students
2833 W Shady Grove Road
Irving, TX 75060
ArlingtonGrades: PK-8 | 141 students
308 W Park Row Dr
Arlington, TX 76010
IrvingGrades: NS-1 | 108 students
1615 W Airport Freeway
Irving, TX 75062
DallasGrades: 6-12 | 100 students
3877 Walnut Hill Lane
Dallas, TX 75229
ArlingtonGrades: K-12 | 302 students
3300 West Interstate 20
Arlington, TX 76017
New Principal and admin staff have made a good school .... Amazing!
- Posted by Parent - sakur