Cistercian Preparatory School
- The Cistercians came to Texas with a vision: to build a secondary school that would combine academic excellence with Christian faith, morals, and spirituality.
- The Cistercians' outlook on life served as the basis for their educational philosophy. Foremost in their minds was the conviction that the search for God was the purpose of every human life.
- They also sought to promote all human values and integrate all forms of learning into the journey toward God.
- Our school's motto is Ardere et Lucere, to be enkindled and to enlighten.
- At its best, Cistercian Preparatory School is a community in which every boy's natural capacity to know and to work for the good of others is enkindled so that he can then go forth and enlighten the world in which he will live.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Independent Schools Association of the South West (ISAS)
Texas Catholic Conference Education Department
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Total Students||347 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1470|
|Average ACT score||31|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 26|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,075|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is $19,075 for MS and $20,225 for US.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Jim Taylor|
|Admissions Associate||Lisa Richard|
|Endowment Size||10.642 million|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- The curriculum of the Upper School presupposes what is offered in lower grades, while the curriculum of the first years anticipates and prepares for what is offered on more advanced levels. Several of the courses in the Middle School, especially in the Third and Fourth Forms, cover material that is elsewhere routinely taught at the high school level. Thus, compared to the traditional junior and senior high school programs, ours is increasingly accelerated and, in fact, culminates in college-level courses and the opportunity to earn a substantial amount of college credit by the time of graduation from Cistercian.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- DallasGrades: 9-12 | 1071 students
12345 Inwood Rd
Dallas, TX 75244
- AddisonGrades: PK-12 | 1383 students
4141 Spring Valley Road
Addison, TX 75001
- DallasGrades: 1-12 | 868 students
10600 Preston Road
Dallas, TX 75230
- DallasGrades: PK-12 | 1100 students
4101 Sigma Road
Dallas, TX 75244
- CarrolltonGrades: PK-12 | 18 students
2155 Marsh Lane, Suite#124
Carrollton, TX 75006
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.