Cistercian Preparatory School
Tel: (469) 499-5402
The Cistercians came to Texas with a vision: to build a secondary school that would combine academic excellence with Christian faith, morals, and spirituality.
The Cistercians' outlook on life served as the basis for their educational philosophy. Foremost in their minds was the conviction that the search for God was the purpose of every human life.
They also sought to promote all human values and integrate all forms of learning into the journey toward God.
Our school's motto is Ardere et Lucere, to be enkindled and to enlighten.
At its best, Cistercian Preparatory School is a community in which every boy's natural capacity to know and to work for the good of others is enkindled so that he can then go forth and enlighten the world in which he will live.
Cistercian Preparatory School places among the top 20% of private schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- SAT Score Highest average SAT score
- ACT Score Highest average ACT score
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Independent Schools Association of the South West (ISAS)
Texas Catholic Conference Education Department
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||345 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||64 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1470|
|Average ACT score||31|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 26|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,075|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is $19,075 for MS and $20,225 for US.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Jim Taylor|
|Admissions Associate||Lisa Richard|
|Endowment Size||$10.642 million|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- The curriculum of the Upper School presupposes what is offered in lower grades, while the curriculum of the first years anticipates and prepares for what is offered on more advanced levels. Several of the courses in the Middle School, especially in the Third and Fourth Forms, cover material that is elsewhere routinely taught at the high school level. Thus, compared to the traditional junior and senior high school programs, ours is increasingly accelerated and, in fact, culminates in college-level courses and the opportunity to earn a substantial amount of college credit by the time of graduation from Cistercian.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dallas Grades: 9-12 | 1108 students
12345 Inwood Rd
Dallas, TX 75244
(972) 387-8700 7.5 9-12
- Addison Grades: PK-12 | 1338 students
4141 Spring Valley Road
Addison, TX 75001
(972) 628-5400 7.6 PK-12
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
TLTR? There are a couple of private school documents which you need to read.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.