Stonington Institute School
- Stonington Institute began serving recovering alcoholics in 1957 as Starlight Farms, a working farm where adults in recovery were introduced to the principles of Alcoholics Anonymous.
- We are the longest continuously operating, free-standing, voluntary treatment facility in New England.
- Our inpatient and residential services are located in North Stonington, Connecticut, on a private and peaceful main campus.
- We operate partial hospital and outpatient clinics in Groton, Waterford, Willimantic and Danielson, Connecticut, as well as Westerly, Rhode Island.
- Our transportation and off-campus housing service make programs and services available to clients across the state and region.
- The mission of Stonington Institute is to provide superior behavioral healthcare services that: clients recommend to families and friends, physicians prefer for their clients, purchasers select for their clients, and employees are proud of.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||43 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.