Stonington Institute School
- Stonington Institute began serving recovering alcoholics in 1957 as Starlight Farms, a working farm where adults in recovery were introduced to the principles of Alcoholics Anonymous.
- We are the longest continuously operating, free-standing, voluntary treatment facility in New England.
- Our inpatient and residential services are located in North Stonington, Connecticut, on a private and peaceful main campus.
- We operate partial hospital and outpatient clinics in Groton, Waterford, Willimantic and Danielson, Connecticut, as well as Westerly, Rhode Island.
- Our transportation and off-campus housing service make programs and services available to clients across the state and region.
- The mission of Stonington Institute is to provide superior behavioral healthcare services that: clients recommend to families and friends, physicians prefer for their clients, purchasers select for their clients, and employees are proud of.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||43 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Stonington Grades: NS-K | 20 students
28 Whittaker Drive
Stonington, CT 06378
(860)572-1283 4.7 NS-K
- North Stonington Grades: PK-10 | 81 students
12 Stillman Rd
North Stonington, CT 06359
(860)599-5071 5.2 PK-10
- Stonington Grades: PK-9 | 198 students
89 Barnes Rd
Stonington, CT 06378
(860)535-0606 7.6 PK-9
- Pawcatuck Grades: K-8 | 145 students
63 Liberty St
Pawcatuck, CT 06379
(860)599-1084 7.9 K-8
- Norwich Grades: K-9 | 118 students
120 Cliff St
Norwich, CT 06360
(860)887-4565 8.2 K-9
July 16, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
July 13, 2018
Schools for the artistically gifted child are in short supply.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.