- Sunflower Montessori provides an education based on the philosophy of Maria Montessori for children from age 3 months through the eighth grade.
- Starting from our original school in 1985, we have grown to 25 classrooms at 3 locations.
- Although we are large for a Montessori school, our classrooms are structured much the same way as single room schools that employ the Montessori Method.
- Montessori on the Lake school includes an Infant Center, Toddler/Two's, Children's House (Preschool), Kindergarten, Elementary, and Middle School programs.
- Our staff believes much work needs to be done in the Montessori community to attain the goals envisioned by Maria Montessori.
- Her vision believed that World Peace begins with education and to reach that goal we must provide a respectful and nurturing environment for all children of the world to grow into effective and forward thinking citizens of the world.
- We take great pride in monitoring the progress of our students after they leave our school.
- We are glad to have been a part of their cosmic curriculum.
- Until the advent of Charter schools, the educational establishment was skeptical of the Montessori method of education.
- Despite this, Montessori is steadily gaining in popularity. The nation is experiencing a Montessori Renaissance, and with good reason.
- Montessori education works in practice because it is founded in sound educational philosophy.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||45 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- IrvineGrades: PK-8 | 266 students
26 Lake Road
Irvine, CA 92604
- IrvineGrades: PK-3 | 121 students
4552 Sandburg Way
Irvine, CA 92612
- Laguna NiguelGrades: NS-12 | 10 students
28062 Forbes Rd, Ste B
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
- OrangeGrades: K-12 | 15 students
681 S. Rancho Santiago
Orange, CA 92869
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.