- Sunflower Montessori provides an education based on the philosophy of Maria Montessori for children from age 3 months through the eighth grade.
- Starting from our original school in 1985, we have grown to 25 classrooms at 3 locations.
- Although we are large for a Montessori school, our classrooms are structured much the same way as single room schools that employ the Montessori Method.
- Montessori on the Lake school includes an Infant Center, Toddler/Two's, Children's House (Preschool), Kindergarten, Elementary, and Middle School programs.
- Our staff believes much work needs to be done in the Montessori community to attain the goals envisioned by Maria Montessori.
- Her vision believed that World Peace begins with education and to reach that goal we must provide a respectful and nurturing environment for all children of the world to grow into effective and forward thinking citizens of the world.
- We take great pride in monitoring the progress of our students after they leave our school.
- We are glad to have been a part of their cosmic curriculum.
- Until the advent of Charter schools, the educational establishment was skeptical of the Montessori method of education.
- Despite this, Montessori is steadily gaining in popularity. The nation is experiencing a Montessori Renaissance, and with good reason.
- Montessori education works in practice because it is founded in sound educational philosophy.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||44 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Irvine Grades: PK-8 | 163 students
26 Lake Road
Irvine, CA 92604
(949)551-9020 11.5 PK-8
- Irvine Grades: PK-3 | 115 students
4552 Sandburg Way
Irvine, CA 92612
(949)786-7694 11.5 PK-3
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.