- The Sunflower Academy offers appropriately age structured interactive academic and social activities that empower children to cultivate individual skill building, character development and positive social norms.
- Programs are provided in an environment supervised by trained and caring adult role models.
- The Sunflower Academy program is designed to improve the academic achievement of young children and their parents, especially in the areas of reading and family enrichment.
- Through the development of a community library, health and nutrition program, and a strong literacy program, program participants will be empowered to achieve academic success throughout their school careers.
- Our children are exposed to and receive individualized assistance in developing their creative and critical thinking skills, peer interaction, understanding cultural differences, physical and nutritional maintenance.
- Parents are committed partners in this program and are also assisted in various areas thereby empowering them.
- in their efforts to deal ore effectively with day-do-day family challenges.
- Our mission is to develop confident, motivated, self-disciplined students who have the essential skills and aptitudes to accomplish required goals successfully at each grade level.
- We will achieve this by providing a challenging curriculum designed to develop and increase the critical thinking skills of students.
- Delivered by capable, innovative teachers in a positive, safe, nurturing environment and in conjunction with the involvement of parents, the community, administrators, and staff members.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||272 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
This past school year has been an awesome experience for myself and my 3 children. The teachers are great and my kids enjoy going here. We are all excited and looking forward to the new school year.
- Posted by Parent - Jaime