Telluride Mountain School
Telluride Mountain School Photo #2 - Telluride Mountain School is an innovative learning community where strong academics, enriching experiences, and meaningful relationships develop confident, curious students who passionately contribute to the world.
Telluride Mountain School Photo #3 - Experiential programs are the capstone experience for year-long classroom learning and real life immersion. Students gain practical knowledge of classroom curricula while traveling with peers to domestic and international destinations. Each year, trips are unique and foster enriching new learning experiences.
Telluride Mountain School Photo #4 - Through a traditional Montessori curriculum, children enjoy the magic of childhood with freedom to explore their innate curiosities in a safe and carefully prepared indoor and outdoor environment. Children are encouraged to be independent lifelong learners and problem-solvers.
Telluride Mountain School Photo #5 - Telluride Mountain School students thrive in child-centered multi-age classrooms. Students master the skills, habits, and attitudes necessary for succeeding in a challenging academic environment.
Telluride Mountain School Photo #6 - Telluride Mountain School offers the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program, an academically challenging and balanced pre-university curriculum for students in their final two years of high school.
Telluride Mountain School Photo #7 - Outdoor Education programs emphasize teamwork and a connection with our unique local region. Students become competent, experienced and respectful outdoor enthusiasts, while developing leadership skills, resilience, perseverance, self-confidence and lifelong friendships.
Telluride Mountain School Photo #8 - In twice-weekly music classes, a learn by doing" approach encourages personal expression, true attentiveness and engagement through student choice. The program includes individual instruction, songwriting, ensemble playing, singing and understanding of tone production
Telluride Mountain School is an independent school serving students preschool through high school and is an innovative learning community where strong academics, enriching experiences, and meaningful relationships develop confident, curious students who passionately contribute to the world.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Students: 113 students
- Yearly Tuition: $19,000
- Average class size: 8 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 25%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
- Telluride Mountain School, accredited by the Association of Colorado Independent Schools, was founded to provide a challenging academic program that combines college preparation with outdoor education and community service. From a starting enrollment of 6 in 1998, the school today serves over 120 day boys and girls in Preschool to Grade 12. The values-based curriculum is designed to develop well-rounded young citizens of a global society. The program begins with a Montessori preschool, phasing into a more traditional approach for the upper grades. The core curriculum centers on reading/writing and language arts, math, science and social studies, with technology used throughout the disciplines. Spanish, music, visual and dramatic arts, and physical education are also integral to the curriculum. The International Baccalaureate Diploma program is offered for juniors and seniors. A Winter Sports Program capitalizes on the school's setting in prime ski country and includes instruction for all ability and interest levels, from the recreational skier/snowboarder to the aspiring Olympic competitor. Experiential learning trips and community service expand learning beyond the classroom locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.
Endorse Telluride Mountain School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Books Set In Private Schools
Enjoy a range of subject matter from recollections to murder mysteries, all set in private schools here at home and abroad.
Keep Ransomware Out of Your School
Small organizations like private schools are just as vulnerable to ransomware attacks as large organizations are. Here's how to deal with ransomware in your school.
Endow A Teaching Position
Endowing a teaching position accomplishes many things for the private school that gave you the foundation for your adult life.