- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 139 students
- Yearly Tuition: $19,000
- Average class size: 8 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Telluride Mountain School, accredited by the Association of Colorado Independent Schools, was founded to provide a challenging academic program that combines college preparation with outdoor education and community service. From a starting enrollment of 6 in 1998, the school today serves over 120 day boys and girls in Preschool to Grade 12. The values-based curriculum is designed to develop well-rounded young citizens of a global society. The program begins with a Montessori preschool, phasing into a more traditional approach for the upper grades. The core curriculum centers on reading/writing and language arts, math, science and social studies, with technology used throughout the disciplines. Spanish, music, visual and dramatic arts, and physical education are also integral to the curriculum. The International Baccalaureate Diploma program is offered for juniors and seniors. A Winter Sports Program capitalizes on the school's setting in prime ski country and includes instruction for all ability and interest levels, from the recreational skier/snowboarder to the aspiring Olympic competitor. Experiential learning trips and community service expand learning beyond the classroom locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Telluride Mountain School cost?
What sports does Telluride Mountain School offer?
When is the application deadline for Telluride Mountain School?
Endorse Telluride Mountain School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards