The Academy For G.O.D.
5.00 (1 review)
- At The Academy for G.O.D. we encourage each child to reach his/her full potential by teaching the Word of God as well as implementing a strong academic curriculum.
- We aim to offer a holistic education experience for each child that is based around their individual giftings and intelligences.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-11|
|Total Students||80 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- At The Academy for G.O.D. we encourage each child to reach his/her full potential by teaching the Word of God as well as implementing a strong academic curriculum. We aim to offer a holistic education experience for each child that is based around their individual giftings and intelligences. Each administrator, teacher, and member of the support staff have a genuine interest in our students and desire to offer the best education available. We work diligently to maintain an environment that encourages the academic and personal growth of our students.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hermitage Grades: NS-PK
4771 Andrew Jackson Pkwy
Hermitage, TN 37076
(615)883-6869 2.1 NS-PK
- Madison Grades: 9-12 | 95 students
100 Academy Rd
Madison, TN 37115
(615)865-4055 3.1 9-12
- Nashville Grades: NS-12 | 836 students
300 Danyacrest Drive
Nashville, TN 37214
(615)883-2926 3.2 NS-12
- Madison Grades: PK-8 | 150 students
1515 Sutherland Dr
Madison, TN 37115
(615)865-4575 3.2 PK-8
- Old Hickory Grades: PK-12 | 134 students
925 Industrial Dr
Old Hickory, TN 37138
(615)847-3999 3.3 PK-12
This school is run by some wonderful people;Unfortunately, they do not have much business educating students. My student's experience with this school consisted of fun activities and I being a naïve parent assumed they were just having fun with the curriculum but unfortunately since we moved away from the Nashville area and enrolled in a different school what I have come to find out is my student is light years behind their grade level. My thought is now that there is no curriculum or the curriculum they employed is part of some plan to raise children who want to support the non-profit in some manner which is so odd to me but that's what it feels like... a grooming ground to create more students to go into their obscure university model idea. Again, I have no doubt that this organization that does work throughout the world has a strong conviction and a good heart in doing what they are doing but if you're looking for an education that will afford your kids the opportunity to go into a more mainstream university at any point I would steer clear of this school.
- Posted by Parent - Geoff
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.