5.00 (6 reviews)
Davidson Academy Photo #2 - Davidson Academy's 66 graduates in the Class of 2010 matriculated to 16 different colleges and universities, including MIT, Tulane, Rhodes and Vanderbilt and earned more than $3.3 million in scholarships.
- Davidson Academy celebrates a tradition of providing safe, Christ-centered community where students are inspired to BE compassionate and creative, BUILD relationships with each other and with God, and BECOME servant leaders and all God intended.
- Davidson Academy, noted as a National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence in 2001, is dedicated to providing a strong Christian foundation for lifelong learning and college preparation by nurturing spiritual, intellectual, physical, and social growth in an interdenominational setting.
- Davidson Academy endeavors to assure that students are grounded in God`s word as the source of truth; inspired to grow in spiritual wisdom; guided by personnel committed to excellence; trained in the fundamental and college-preparatory academic skills; encouraged to accomplish, and recognized for achievement; and provided opportunities for physical and social development through programs and services.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||72 teachers|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Comparative Government & Politics, AP Composition, AP Literature, AP Physics 1, AP Physics 2, AP U. S. History|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||PK3, PK4, K5 $11,475 1st - 4th $12,695 5th - 6th $12,945 7th - 8th $13,325 9th - 12th $13,825|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Jason McGehee|
|Admissions Associate||Meredith Bub|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||National Honor Society|
Club or Organization:
Biology Club, Chess Club, Coding Club, Key Club, Student-led Bible Study
- Davidson Academy is dedicated to providing a strong Christian foundation for lifelong learning and college preparation by nurturing spiritual, intellectual, physical, and social growth in an interdenominational setting. Davidson Academy endeavors to assure that students are grounded in God`s word as the source of truth; inspired to grow in spiritual wisdom; guided by personnel committed to excellence; trained in the fundamental and college-preparatory academic skills; encouraged to accomplish, and recognized for achievement; and provided opportunities for physical and social development through programs and services.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brentwood Grades: 6-12 | 786 students
219 Granny White Pike
Brentwood, TN 37027
(615)523-0611 17.1 6-12
- Antioch Grades: NS-12 | 392 students
574 Bell Road
Antioch, TN 37013
(615)367-0532 16.6 NS-12
Davidson Academy has strove to encourage and develop our children spiritually in a Christian environment, which is extremely important to our family. When we moved to TN and researched potential school for our children, we weren't able to find another school that was able to offer all the aspects we were hoping to find: academics, extracurricular activities, and a spiritual foundation.
- Posted by Parent - acflo
Davidson Academy is a great academic school that provides a spiritual interest to our children. They also have an interest in making sure our children are successful can grow both academically and spiritually. I wouldn't send my children anywhere else for a private education.
- Posted by Parent - Damon
When your child tells you how much they enjoy school, you know they''re in the right place! Davidson Academy cares about their students well being as well as in the classroom. It's a positive environment that promotes growth and well being for everyone.
- Posted by Parent - laufi
Our children have been attending Davidson Academy since 2003. The school has exceeded our expectations on so many levels. Not only have they provided a challenging academic enviornment but one that is nuturing, safe and taught to the highest of Christian ideals. They have found a way to teach an entire class yet cater to each child's individual needs. they are constantly updating their resources to provide cutting edge technology for both the students and the teachers. We cna not say enough about the positive experiences we have had at Davidson Academy. Theyu are truly the leader in the private school sector.
- Posted by Parent - susan
My son has attended Davidson Academy and I have seen the personalized teaching methods maximize his learning capacity. Me and my husband strongly considered several other private schools when moving to Tennessee, but no other place had the friendly atmosphere as Davidson Academy.
- Posted by Parent - shawi
As a family we''ve had nothing but positive experiences here. Its a great school academically that provides a spiritual interest in making my child successful.
- Posted by Parent - castr
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.