The Catherine Cook School
- The Catherine Cook School is a Chicago independent preparatory school serving preschool through eighth grade.
- We are an inclusive learning community dedicated to inspiring personal excellence and educating children for life.
- Since 1975, our committed administrators and teachers have worked closely with each student to identify and foster strengths, ignite imagination, encourage discovery and teach children how to learn and think.
- Our academic programs focus on age-appropriate experiential learning and independent thinking.
- Using a collaborative approach, students, parents, teachers and administrators enrich the individual attention each child receives.
- We also pursue an agenda of social responsibility by emphasizing the importance of service learning and issues of equity and justice.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||569 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||1/2 Day PS, JK: $19,500, Full Day PS, JK: $23,500, SK-4: $23,500, 5-8: $24,700; Need based Financial Aid available.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Jill Due|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||63 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Amazing Adventures, Animals & Friends A, Animals & Friends B, Art Around the World, Be an Artist, Beginning Fencing, Beginning Spanish, Bonjour Club, Carpentry for Kids, Chess Club, Chess with Iron Rooks, CircEsteem, Comic Book, Computer Club, Concert Band (Advanced), Concert Band (Beginning), Concert Band (Intermediate), Crafty Kids, Creative Builders, Creative Collage Art, Creative Writing Club, Dance Explosion, Dinosaurs, Doll House, Drama Club, Enchanted Magical Forest, Friendship Club, Frozen Adventure, Future Problem Solvers, Game Show, Girl Power Hour, Graphic Novels, Comics, and Sequential Art, Hand Sewn Accessories, Hip Hop, Iron Chef 1, Iron Chef 2, Junior Speakers Club, Karate 1, Karate 2, Karate 3, MS Tech Apprentice, Make Your Mark!, Math Homework Help, Math Olympiad, Minecraft, Monochromatic Art, Outer Space Adventures, Pre-Engineering using LEGO ®, Private music lessons (piano, guitar, drums, and violin), Quirky Quilts, Robotics Club, Robots, Salsa Club, Scratch 1, Scratch 2, Sewing Club, Slimy Science, Super Hero Training, Super Soccer Stars, Tumble & Rock, Yoga 1, Yoga 2, Young Architects Be an Artist, Bonjour Club, Chess Club, CircEsteem, Comic Book, Computer Club, Crafty Kids, Dinosaurs, Doll House, Drama Club, Game Show, Hip Hop, Iron Chef 1, Iron Chef 2, Karate 1, Karate 2, Karate 3, Math Olympiad, Minecraft, Quirky Quilts, Robotics Club, Robots, Salsa Club, Scratch 1, Scratch 2, Sewing Club, Slimy Science, Tumble & Rock, Yoga 1, Yoga 2, Amazing Adventures,
Animals & Friends A,
Animals & Friends B,
Art Around the World,
Carpentry for Kids,
Chess with Iron Rooks,
Concert Band (Advanced),
Concert Band (Beginning),
Concert Band (Intermediate),
Creative Collage Art,
Creative Writing Club,
Enchanted Magical Forest,
Future Problem Solvers,
Girl Power Hour,
Graphic Novels, Comics, and Sequential Art,
Hand Sewn Accessories,
Junior Speakers Club,
MS Tech Apprentice,
Make Your Mark!,
Math Homework Help,
Outer Space Adventures,
Pre-Engineering using LEGO ®,
Private music lessons (piano, guitar, drums, and violin),
Super Hero Training,
Super Soccer Stars,
- The Catherine Cook School strives to prepare students to participate in the discoveries and challenges of the future with the foundations of wisdom and personal discipline. Our school is dedicated to cultivating the unique nature and potential of each student and is committed to building a school community enhanced by racial, cultural, and socio-economic diversity. We provide a nurturing and caring environment enhanced by a low teacher-student ratio. We are interested in a personal learning approach that incorporates individual attention, hands-on experiential learning, and a challenging and well-rounded curriculum. In the process of inspiring and educating children for life, we believe that students must learn how to think, to solve problems, to capitalize on strengths, to make good decisions, and to become effective communicators. In preparing students to live comfortably in an ever-changing and diverse society, we wish to move students beyond tolerating people different from themselves to engaging all people as valuable members of a global society. We make every effort to ensure the academic program we offer is of the highest quality. We go to great lengths to hire the best teachers, adopt the best curricula, to be open to change, and to hold our school to the highest academic standards. A true willingness to listen and an engagement in professional reflection are indispensable components of our commitment to continual improvement, relevance, and accountability.
People that viewed The Catherine Cook School also viewed these schools: The Latin School Of Chicago, Chicago Grammar School, British International School of Chicago, Lincoln Park, Frances Xavier Warde School and Univ Of Chicago Lab School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ChicagoGrades: PK-12 | 1130 students
59 W North Blvd
Chicago, IL 60610
ChicagoGrades: PK-8 | 80 students
900 N Franklin St Ste 104
Chicago, IL 60610
ChicagoGrades: NS-5 | 521 students
814 W. Eastman Street
Chicago, IL 60642
ChicagoGrades: PK-8 | 944 students
751 N State St
Chicago, IL 60654
ChicagoGrades: NS-12 | 1771 students
1362 E 59th Street
Chicago, IL 60637
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?