The Children's School At Stephens C
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Stephens College Children's School is a constructivist, holistic-based laboratory school community.
- It is comprised of children, families, faculty and Stephens College students.
- Collaboration with Columbia Public School educators provides the opportunity for developmentally appropriate educational experiences.
- The mission of this laboratory school throughout its history has been to provide college students opportunities for direct experiences with children, while providing community children with solid, research-based instruction by professors, college students and certified teachers.
- The school was designed to house college classrooms as well as three children's classrooms with observation booths.
- College students participate directly with the children in classroom activities on a variety of teaching levels while being supervised by professors and master teachers.
- Quality programs include half-day preschool and a new full-day preschool program, which will debut in Fall 2006.
- Both preschool programs (ages 3-5) are designed to support the whole child, including social, emotional, cognitive, academic and physical growth.
- Children are engaged in active learning experiences throughout the day.
- The preschool classrooms collaborate with Columbia Public Schools Early Childhood Special Education department, placing four children with early intervention needs in each classroom that has a maximum of 16 children.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool|
|Total Students||31 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Columbia Grades: PK-9 | 61 students
1114 College Park Dr
Columbia, MO 65203
(573)445-6315 2.7 PK-9
This school gives students the most amazing learning opportunities! Our child has attended her first year and we plan to have all three of our children attend this school. The elementary program is one of a kind with learning opportunities the fit every child. I couldn't imagine sending my children anywhere else.
- Posted by Parent - eawat
Our family loves SCCS. The small class sizes and high student:teacher ratio gives my daughter maximum personal attention. It's a place she's been able to thrive and prepare for kindergarten in a comfortable environment. We also love the parent community.
- Posted by Parent - megan
Nearby Homes for Sale
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.