The Community House School
- The Community House Early Childhood Center provides an environment for children ages 6 weeks through 5 years which is safe, friendly and nurturing.
- The program encourages the development of the total child and focuses on children as individuals, allowing them to grow and develop at their own pace.
- The program emphasizes learning through play, realizing the importance of discovery, creativity and exploration.
- Working in partnership with parents, the Center operates as an extension of the family and child rearing becomes a collaborative endeavor.
- The Early Childhood Center has an active learning environment that will foster your child's development in the skills and relationships that will enhance the rest of his or her life.
- The ECC offers very low student-teacher ratios in all rooms, providing more one-on-one interaction.
- Healthy snacks as well as breakfast and lunch are provided five days a week.
- Music, Spanish and a computer program are offered weekly. There are two private playgrounds that allow the children to either ride bikes or play on soft, shredded turf, in a sandbox or on climbers.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool|
|Total Students||60 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Forest Hills Grades: NS-12 | 245 students
11917 Union Tpke
Forest Hills, NY 11375
(718)223-4667 0.6 NS-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.