The Durand School
Tel: (856) 845-0666
- Individualized learning is a hallmark of the Durand Academy experience.
- A learning plan is developed for each student. The school also utilizes several math and reading programs to maximize learning.
- Students are grouped by ability and taught reading, mathematics, language and writing in small groups.
- Durand Academy's goal is to make it possible for every student to return to the community.
- For this reason, the Academy is in close contact with school districts so that students learn what their counterparts back home learn.
- Durand students are familiar with home-area textbooks and have the background for a smooth transition to community-based schooling.
- The Academy also makes sure that Durand students are prepared for standardized testing.
- Training for state tests and the APA (spell out) takes place both in the classroom and in special tutorials.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Total Students||58 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.