Archbishop Damiano School
- Archbishop Damiano School, located on the campus of St. John of God Community Services, is a state approved, private special education day school serving students with moderate to severe cognitive disabilities ages three through twenty-one.
- Services are provided at no cost to families. ADS provides a nurturing, age-appropriate and positive learning atmosphere that focuses on helping each student reach their fullest potential.
- This is accomplished with certified special education teachers, licensed therapists, skilled paraprofessionals and excellent nursing services.
- ADS Program components include Basic skills instruction including socialization, language development and motor development.
- Developmental domains addressed include cognitive, communication, social/emotional, physical and self-care, Functional life skills enabling students to participate in home and community environments etc.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children|
National Association of Private Special Education Centers
ASAH Private Special Education
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||150 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is paid by the sending school district.|
|Admissions Director||Kathleen T .Flynn|
|Admissions Associate||Greg Zink|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Archbishop Damiano School serves students with moderate to severe cognitive disabilities. Students are referred through their sending school districts
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- HaddonfieldGrades: 9-12 | 1192 students
901 Hopkins Rd Ste B
Haddonfield, NJ 08033
- SewellGrades: PK-12 | 354 students
151 Golf Club Rd
Sewell, NJ 08080
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.