5.00 (2 reviews)
Ability School Photo #5 - Each month the entire school goes on a field trip to learn practical application of what is being learned in class.
Ability School Photo #6 - We build strong friendships and have students of many different backgrounds attend our school
Ability School Photo #7 - Each year the entire school puts on 1-2 different musical productions. They work as a team to create a fantastic show.
Ability School Photo #8 - We have a great summer program with academics every morning and camp activities every afternoon. Our students love camp and return year after year!
Ability School Photo #9 - Ability School educates children from PreK-8th Grade. We have rolling enrollment throughout the year due to our unique and personalized curriculum.
- Ability School is a private, secular school for pre-k through middle school located in Bergen County, New Jersey.
- For over a third of a century, our mission has been to assist students in becoming productive, highly motivated, self-paced learners who are able to take the knowledge gained in the classroom and translate it into action in the real world to good effect and success.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||48 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition cost is based on a 10 month year and can be paid monthly|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Beth Eurell|
- Ability School is a private, secular school for pre-k through middle school located in Bergen County, New Jersey. For over a third of a century, our mission has been to assist students in becoming productive, highly motivated, self-paced learners who are able to take the knowledge gained in the classroom and translate it into action in the real world to good effect and success.
- The Ability School stresses a thorough grounding in the basics from which all future learning arises. Students achieve literacy both in written and verbal communication as reading, writing and language skills develop throughout the student`s schooling. As well, students are expected to become proficient in math and attain an understanding and appreciation for science, the social sciences, the arts and life skills such as ethics and manners. The passing grade for academic requirements is 100%.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tenafly Grades: PK-8 | 257 students
10 County Rd
Tenafly, NJ 07670
(201)567-6491 1.9 PK-8
- Englewood Grades: PK-8 | 436 students
435 Lydecker Street
Englewood, NJ 07631
(201)568-5566 1.1 PK-8
- Englewood Grades: PK-12 | 966 students
315 E Palisade Avenue
Englewood, NJ 07631
(201)569-9500 1.3 PK-12
- Englewood Grades: PK-8 | 843 students
53 S Woodland St
Englewood, NJ 07631
(201)567-0208 1.5 PK-8
Ability School provides a great environment for learning, social growth, and independence. My child's progress over the years has been amazing and I am more than happy with the school and teachers!
- Posted by Parent - Sarah
I can not recommend enough the wonderful program offered at Ability School. I am not aware of any other program where a child walks away with as much confidence in their ability to learn and study any subject. My daughter started at 3 1/2 and was reading by 4. She loves school! I would recommend Ability School to any parent who want a more personalized education for their child.
- Posted by Parent - beure
What curricula do private schools follow? Who accredits private schools? What kind of standards prevail? More here.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.