5.00 (1 review)
Each month the entire school goes on a field trip to learn practical application of what is being learned in class.
Each year the entire school puts on 1-2 different musical productions. They work as a team to create a fantastic show.
We have a great summer program with academics every morning and camp activities every afternoon. Our students love camp and return year after year!
Ability School educates children from PreK-8th Grade. We have rolling enrollment throughout the year due to our unique and personalized curriculum.
- Ability School is a private, secular school for pre-k through middle school located in Bergen County, New Jersey.
- For over a third of a century, our mission has been to assist students in becoming productive, highly motivated, self-paced learners who are able to take the knowledge gained in the classroom and translate it into action in the real world to good effect and success.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||48 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition cost is based on a 10 month year and can be paid monthly|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Beth Eurell|
- Ability School is a private, secular school for pre-k through middle school located in Bergen County, New Jersey. For over a third of a century, our mission has been to assist students in becoming productive, highly motivated, self-paced learners who are able to take the knowledge gained in the classroom and translate it into action in the real world to good effect and success.
- The Ability School stresses a thorough grounding in the basics from which all future learning arises. Students achieve literacy both in written and verbal communication as reading, writing and language skills develop throughout the student`s schooling. As well, students are expected to become proficient in math and attain an understanding and appreciation for science, the social sciences, the arts and life skills such as ethics and manners. The passing grade for academic requirements is 100%.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- TenaflyGrades: K-9 | 202 students
10 County Rd
Tenafly, NJ 07670
- EnglewoodGrades: NS-8 | 528 students
435 Lydecker Street
Englewood, NJ 07631
- New YorkGrades: PK-8 | 304 students
401 W 205th Street
New York, NY 10034
- BronxGrades: K-9 | 194 students
1440 Plimpton Ave
Bronx, NY 10452
- EnglewoodGrades: PK-8 | 153 students
85 West Demarest Avenue
Englewood, NJ 07631
I can not recommend enough the wonderful program offered at Ability School. I am not aware of any other program where a child walks away with as much confidence in their ability to learn and study any subject. My daughter started at 3 1/2 and was reading by 4. She loves school! I would recommend Ability School to any parent who want a more personalized education for their child.
- Posted by Parent - beure
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.