The Elisabeth Morrow School
Tel: (201) 568-5566 Ext. 7212
The Elisabeth Morrow School Photo #2 - Where academic inquiry and character development are fostered.
The Elisabeth Morrow School Photo #3 - Providing children with a foundation for successful, life-long learning is a hallmark of The Elisabeth Morrow School. Our graduates are ready to succeed within a 21st Century curriculum and beyond.
The Elisabeth Morrow School Photo #5 - Where imagination is sparked and the foundation is laid for life-long learning.
- The Elisabeth Morrow School is a co-educational country day school for students age two through grade eight.
- Since 1930, EMS has graduated independent and critical thinkers through a comprehensive art, academic, athletic, music and social education.
- Located on fourteen acres in Englewood, New Jersey, EMS offers nature trails, working gardens, three playgrounds and outdoor classroom patio spaces.
- Campus is just 5 miles north of the George Washington Bridge and bus service is aviaible from NYC.
- Libraries and makerspaces designed for exploration and creation with varied materials along with age-appropriate robotic building blocks and robots.
- Tours are provided by appointment on weekends and holidays and virutal admissions events are offered throughout the year.
- Celebrating 90 Years of The Elisabeth Morrow School - 11/20/2020 - Join us to celebrate 90 years of educational excellence.
- Project-Based Learning at EMS - 11/20/2020 - Project-Based Learning (PBL) at EMSProject-based learning (PBL) is an experience for students to become stewards with their own learning in trying to solve a real-world problem, challenge, or complex question. ...moreStudents are given time to explore, understand, and apply their knowledge for a given topic and showcase their learning to an appropriate audience. The essence of project-based learning is for students to learn by doing, where teachers are the guides and the students become the teachers. hide
The Elisabeth Morrow School places among the top 20% of private schools in New Jersey for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
New Jersey Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language based mild LD|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||417 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||62 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 8 / May. 1 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||$25,900-42,745 tuition range for Age Two through Grade Eight|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$17,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Caitlin Read|
|Admissions Associate||Pat Barry|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Fencing, Figure Skating, Freestyle Skiing, Gymnastics, Ice Hockey, Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse, Martial Arts, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Fencing,
Figure Skating, Freestyle Skiing,
Gymnastics, Ice Hockey,
Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse,
Martial Arts, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||45 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
ChemExpo at the Liberty Science Center, Coding Club, Community Service, Culinary Arts, Game Design, Jewlery Making, Leadership Symposium, MathCounts, Nature Photography, Pottery, Robotics Club, Student Ambassador Program, Technology Club, Writing club, yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
A Capella Group, Drawing and Painting, EMS Voices Choral Ensemble, Improvisational Acting, Jazz Ensemble, Orchestra, Photography, Printmaking, Rock Band, Sculpture, Stage Band, Superchamber Orchestra, Theater Program, Website Design, Woodshop Sculpture, Write Around the Clock
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Boys and Girls Basketball, Boys and Girls Cross Country, Boys and Girls Soccer, Boys Baseball, Boys Lacrosse, Boys Tennis, Co-ed Ice Hockey, Girls Lacrosse, Girls Softball, Girls Tennis, Girls Volleyball, Ice Skating, Pilates, Yoga
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Englewood Grades: PK-12 | 966 students
315 E Palisade Avenue
Englewood, NJ 07631
(201) 569-9500 1.1 PK-12
- Montclair Grades: PK-12 | 1054 students
201 Valley Road
Montclair, NJ 07042
(973) 746-9800 14.5 PK-12
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.