The Good Shepherd Preschool
The Good Shepherd Preschool Photo #2 - Registration is now open for the 2021-2022 school year with The Good Shepherd Preschool in Fredericksburg. Families that schedule a tour of the preschool and enroll their student by April 16 will qualify for a 10% discount on monthly tuition for the entire school year. Find details at http://gspreschool.highwayag.org.
The Good Shepherd Preschool Photo #3 - Our large, fenced and wooded outdoor playground features a variety of fun play equipment.
The Good Shepherd Preschool Photo #4 - Our large gymnasium provides a great indoor sports and play space.
As a faith-based educational ministry of Highway Assembly of God, The Good Shepherd Preschool is dedicated to providing a strong academic program that integrates Christian character and biblical truths into every area.
Our purpose is to train children to be academically prepared for kindergarten, to be spiritually prepared for Christian service, and to develop a lifelong Christian worldview.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Prekindergarten
- Yearly Tuition: $4,000
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Upcoming Events and News
- Visit Our Open House on July 11 - 06/01/2021Families looking for affordable, high-quality preschool education for their young learner are invited to our Open House on Sunday, July 11, from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. at 2221 Jefferson Davis Hwy., Fredericksburg, Va. 22401. No appointment is needed. Meet our staff, take a tour, and take home information. Learn about our commitment to Christian principles and values. For details on our preschool and our programs, visit http://gspreschool.highwayag.org.
Student Body Type
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
- The Good Shepherd Preschool is hosted at Highway Assembly of God, centrally located in the City of Fredericksburg just 1/2-mile south from the interchange of Jefferson Davis Hwy. with Rte. 3, at 2221 Jefferson Davis Hwy., Fredericksburg, VA 22401. The preschool and day care is housed in a spacious educational building that features several classrooms, a fellowship hall/multipurpose area and a gymnasium. Outdoor recreational areas include a large sports field and fenced playground.
- Our objective is to provide a safe and nurturing environment for preschool children to develop foundational learning skills. Our teaching staff will use a carefully designed curriculum enriched by music and physical education, arts and crafts, dramatic and creative play, and field trips, for example, to support all dimensions of child development. We will be intentional in training children to grow academically, to be spiritually prepared for Christian service, and to develop a lifelong Christian worldview, while having a lot of fun.
- The Good Shepherd Preschool offers both half-day and full-day class schedules for children ages 3-5. Classes are supervised by experienced lead teachers assisted by classroom aides.
- Full-day student day care from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. is available for children in grades K-5. Our student day care program provides families with a safe and supportive option for their students in grades K-5. Students will be able to access our on-site WiFi using their laptops or Chromebooks to do their schoolwork. Day care staff will be available to assist students with their assignments and will supervise additional programmed activities for the students during the day. Both 3-day-a-week and 5-day-a-week options are available, as well as before-school and after-school programs. Visit http://gspreschool.highwayag.org for more information and to register your student.
- Additional services offered by the preschool include before school care from 6 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. and after-school care from 3:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Profile last updated: 06/17/2021
I love the Good Shepherd Preschool! I love leaving my grand child in a safe environment that is Christ centered and his gear towards developing her in all areas not only spiritually but also mentally physically and socially. I highly recommend The good Shepherd preschool!
Hello,this Pre-K program has been amazing for our daughter. The progress she has made amazes me. Staff is great as well. Always encouraging good behavior with positive reinforcement. I can't say enough about what this school means to my daughter and family. I recommend them to everyone I know.
Endorse The Good Shepherd Preschool. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Identifying Your School's Brand
Creating a brand identity for your school is an essential part of your marketing strategy. We walk you through the process.
7 Reasons Why Private School May Be The Right Choice
Private schools come in a wide variety of educational approaches. We show you how to refine your school search.
June 01, 2021What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.