The International School Of Charlottesville
- One of only three NAEYC-accredited programs in Charlottesville, the ISC is a language-immersion school offering a structured, progressive, and robust early-childhood education program in French or Spanish.
- Children from age 2 through Kindergarten develop foundational skills and learn about their world through guided discovery, structured imaginative play, reading, music, interdisciplinary projects, and other research-based approaches to early childhood education, all while being immersed in a French or Spanish-speaking classroom setting.
- By learning in a multi-lingual environment, children not only accrue the myriad cognitive benefits of acquiring a second language in early childhood, but also develop the kind of broadened worldview so valuable for thriving in a globalized society.
- Classes are small, and led by experienced teachers, most with advanced degrees.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||120 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by program choice, attendance option, and Extra Care selection.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Eric Anderson|
|Admissions Associate||Danielle Schaeber|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
African Drumming & Dance
- The International School of Charlottesville offers the best in preschool education within a foreign language environment. The language center in the brain undergoes the greatest development in the first years of life. Exposing a child to a second language at an early age broadens cognitive ability in later years and encourages multicultural awareness.
- At the ISC, the new language is not introduced as a separate subject but is an intrinsic part of the daily experience. Our experienced teachers communicate with the children predominantly in the target language. As the children learn and play in this environment, the target language gradually becomes their preferred means of communication at school.
- People that viewed The International School Of Charlottesville also viewed these schools: Charlottesville Waldorf School.
Nearby Homes for Sale
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.